Carmando

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2007
Just built a new system with an intel q6600 in a DFI Lanparty Dark motherboard. When i first powered it up it shut down within a few minutes while i was playing with the BIOS settings. I am using the intel heatsink. The mother board tells me that the core temperature is reaching 100 degrees celcius within moments of the computer being on even after letting everything cool down for a good 15-20 minutes before rebooting. I noticed that even when i get the heat sink firmly set into the mother board the thermal compound hasn't spread evenly. My main questions would be: is it possible for the chip to get this hot within seconds even if the heatsink is improperly set and could this be a problem with the temperature sensor on the motherboard? Any help would be much appreciated, everything else seems fine as far as i can tell except the cpu temp.

akhilles

Splendid
Intel stock cooler is a PITA to install. Flip over the board with cpu fan installed, look at the 4 prongs in the push-pins to see if they stick out. They should. If not, there may be a contact issue.

2nd, tri-check the fan connection. It may be damaged.

If you have another s775 cooler, try that.

TRENDING THREADS