• Formula
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
June 20, 2008 12:57:36 AM

please i need help
how i fix this problem
my Asus Maximus Formula bios damaged

i didn't know
i downloaded new bios /.rom/ then i copy it to my portable hdd and i restarted my computer then bios is damaged

my computer start SIGNALed
-Diiiiiiiiiiiiid did did did /after 20 sec one again did/

please please help me...

More about : asus maximus formula bios damaged

June 20, 2008 1:02:34 AM

munkhtur_lkh said:
please i need help
how i fix this problem
my Asus Maximus Formula bios damaged

i didn't know
i downloaded new bios /.rom/ then i copy it to my portable hdd and i restarted my computer then bios is damaged

my computer start SIGNALed
-Diiiiiiiiiiiiid did did did /after 20 sec one again did/

please please help me...

Well, newer Gigabyte boards run on dual bios, so you can use the second one to boot and flash the first corrupted one. Not sure if Asus is the same though. If not, you'll have to order a replacement chip from manufacturer and replace the corrupted one.
June 20, 2008 2:18:21 AM

but ASUS don't have a DUAL BIOS.

i found it

1. BIOS Recovery
  2. AMI BIOS
  4. AMI has an embedded recovery technique in the 'boot block' of the BIOS. In the event that the BIOS becomes corrupt the boot block can be used to restore the BIOS to a working state. The routine is called when the 'system block' of the BIOS is empty or corrupt. The restore routine when called will access the floppy drive (1.44Mb floppy disk drive) looking for a file named AMIBOOT.ROM.
  6. This is the reason the floppy drive light comes on and the drive appears to be in use. If the file (AMIBOOT.ROM) is found it is loaded into the 'system block' of the BIOS to replace the corrupted information.
  8. To restore your BIOS copy the most recent version of your motherboards BIOS file to a floppy diskette and rename it AMIBOOT.ROM. The diskette does not need to be bootable or contain a flash utility. It will access the floppy from 2-5 minutes the system will beep four times. Remove the floppy diskette from the drive and reboot the computer. if when you turn on the system it does not try to access the floppy, press and hold the 'CTRL' and 'HOME' keys at the same time. This will force the system (assuming the 'boot block' isn't corrupted) to access the flopy and look for the AMIBOOT.ROM file.
  10. Step by Step:
  11. 1. Rename the desired AMI BIOS file to AMIBOOT.ROM and save it on a blank floppy disk. e.g. Rename 12345678.ROM to AMIBOOT.ROM
  12. 2. Insert this floppy disk in the floppy drive. Turn On the system
  13. 3. If no floppy access occurs press and hold Ctrl-Home to force update. Follow insructions on the screen and it will read the AMIBOOT.ROM file and recover the BIOS from the A drive.
  14. 4. When 4 beeps are heard you may remove the floppy disk.
  15. 5. Restart the computer.

but MAXIMUS FORMULA's bios file (.rom) large for 1.44 floppy
*.rom file size is 2MB
how i do it my usb flash drive or usb hdd
Related resources
June 20, 2008 2:32:06 AM

Try using this tool to format your USB key/drive as a bootable DOS disk, then put the needed files on it. I have had both successes and failures with using this software and a USB key for flashing BIOS. Nevertheless, this is the only option I can think of.

http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=197
June 20, 2008 2:33:30 AM

The original Bios is on your mobo cd. Read the manual.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
October 29, 2009 6:16:37 PM

how to download amiboot.rom is any website?