user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

This may sound like a stupid question, bare with me. I purchased a Dell
system with the Windows XP Professional system. The problem is I don't see
Excel spreadsheets, powerpoint or word. Doesn't that come with the Windows
system?

In news:D9888BCA-E6F5-468E-8059-9D2A1F0A2E4B@microsoft.com,
1219 <1219@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> This may sound like a stupid question, bare with me. I
> purchased a
> Dell system with the Windows XP Professional system. The
> problem is
> I don't see Excel spreadsheets, powerpoint or word. Doesn't
> that
> come with the Windows system?

No. Neither Windows XP, nor any other version of Windows, has
ever included Excel, PowerPoint, Word, or any other significant
application software. Such programs have to be bought, either by
themselves or as part of Microsoft Office.

If your previous computer, running an older version of Windows,
came with these, it was because the vendor who sold it bundled
Microsoft Offce as part of the package he sold you, not because
that version of Windows came with it. Some, but not all, vendors
do the same with Windows XP.

Please reply to the newsgroup

1219 wrote:
> This may sound like a stupid question, bare with me. I purchased a Dell
> system with the Windows XP Professional system. The problem is I don't see
> Excel spreadsheets, powerpoint or word. Doesn't that come with the Windows
> system?

Neither the Microsoft Office application suite, nor any of its
individual component applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,
Outlook, etc.), have _ever_ been "part" of *any* Windows operating
system. They are, and always have been, separate applications, that
must be purchased and installed separately.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

When you buy a Dell on-line, click "customize" and you'll
find the software options.

some support

"1219" <1219@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| This may sound like a stupid question, bare with me. I
purchased a Dell
| system with the Windows XP Professional system. The
problem is I don't see
| Excel spreadsheets, powerpoint or word. Doesn't that come
with the Windows
| system?

johnf

No, sorry, they're all part of the Office suite which has to be purchased
seperately

--

johnf