New System Build: Need Help With Power Supply

Hello,

I'm planning on completing my first build in a few years and have a question regarding the power supply. For starters here is the parts I'm planning on using:

Antec 900
Gigabyte p35-ds3l
Wolfdale 8400 3.0ghz
Xigmatek s1283 Rifle Cooler
EVGA 8800gts (g92)
G.Skill 4gb(2x2gb) pc2-8000
Seagate 7200.11 500gb
Sony dvd/cd/rw Drive and a dvd rom drive

My question is will a 610w PC Power and Cooling power supply have enough juice to power all of this safely? As you can tell with the cpu cooler I plan on overclocking this rig. Also in a year or so when the 9000 series of nvidia cards is perfercted (a la g92s of the 8000series) I plan on upgrading to one of those cards.

I know I should probably man up and spend the extra 40-50 bucks and grab the 750w pc p&c power supply, but I'm trying to minimize costs as much as possible ;)

Oh and how does my build look? =) Thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about system build power supply
  1. Yes, it will run that easily. PC Power PSUs are very stout. Most of the test I've seen they will exceed their specs. They used the same PSU in a Maximum PC build running same video card and a quad core with no problems. Its a great power supply. I think it is one of the best Power supplies for the money.
  2. That build will run on a quality 400w psu if you really wanted it to.
  3. I second that

though they are ugly, an earthwatts 400w (if such a thing was still manufactured?) would have more than enough capacity.
  4. Yeah as they said, 400-450W is quite sufficient for that build. And don't worry regarding the new GPUs...cos newer GPUs generally consume lesser power than prev gen GPUs.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Power Supplies Systems