Sending a fax with dell 922 printer and using dsl router

G

Hello,
i am having problems with my 922 dell printer fax scanner aio machine send a fax i have always bee able to send a fax usingthis system i have had dls through frontier for over a year and it has worked unltil monday last week i downloaded the efax and could recieve faxes in the email after i noticed i couldnt fax by way of my computer and printer the concoles comes i hear it beep and dial a bunch of number and half way through the phone lines start beeping like a busy tone and message box stated no answer i can hear the numbers dialing but not a sending fax sound like a long beeping help please corn 1948

Hello,
i am having problems with my 922 dell printer fax scanner aio machine send a fax i have always bee able to send a fax usingthis system i have had dls through frontier for over a year and it has worked unltil monday last week i downloaded the efax and could recieve faxes in the email after i noticed i couldnt fax by way of my computer and printer the concoles comes i hear it beep and dial a bunch of number and half way through the phone lines start beeping like a busy tone and message box stated no answer i can hear the numbers dialing but not a sending fax sound like a long beeping help please corn 1948

Can you plug the fax straight to the telephone line to test it and thus eliminate the router as a possible cause? It might be a problem with the Dell PSCF itself. In the UK, we can't fax through a router because we have Asynchronous DSL and have the filter the telephone and fax to keep them away from the Broadband signal - you might try a doubler adapter and do it that way.[/#000ff]