8800GT 512 w/Akimbo Cooler or 8800GTS 512?

So i am rebuilding my pc this summer and i was just wondering....
Should i get an EVGA 8800GT 512 with the akimbo cooler (with the intention to overclock)
or an EVGA 8800GTS 512 KO ? which is better? (30 $ difference in price)

:bounce:
10 answers Last reply
More about 8800gt akimbo cooler 8800gts
  1. The GTS is better. Get this one, $169.99 after MIR. 3 year warranty.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814134037
  2. Every time I see a forum about the 8800 gt Dagger always gives that link. It is one hell of a good deal though and probably the best advice as well.
  3. wip99gt said:
    Every time I see a forum about the 8800 gt Dagger always gives that link. It is one hell of a good deal though and probably the best advice as well.

Haha, that's Dagger.
    GTS is the better one.
  4. Oh for sure. I just always feel a little bitter seeing anything I buy drop to half the price 4 months later.
  5. I am very happy with teh gts. I am running 2 in SLI and it eats anything i through at it. think i scored aroun 17K in 3Dmark. Paired these with a AMD 6400+ X2, 4 gigs GSkill DDR2 800 and i could not have been happier.
  6. 3dmark? there are different versions of 3dmark
  7. If your doing the build this summer I would just wait to figure out what I would buy. New cards are due to come out real soon now.
  8. wip99gt said:
    Oh for sure. I just always feel a little bitter seeing anything I buy drop to half the price 4 months later.

Heh, i know the feeling. I bought mine the day it came out...about 400 after taxes and shipping >< I love the thing though :)
  9. crazywheels said:
    3dmark? there are different versions of 3dmark

3DMark06
    Sorry very late here, just wanting to get off work lol
  10. that ecs is a steal and rocks, i just got mine thursday, and it crushes crysis even on a 5400 amd !
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overclocking EVGA Cooling Graphics Product