Volume media keys no longer recognized

jchapman1984

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
Hello one and all. I have an unusual irksome but not critical problem with my computer. In recent weeks the volume up, down and mute keys on my keyboard no longer register. I am running a Sony Vaio tower (RB-60G) with a Rosewill USB keyboard (RK-7310) on Windows XP SP3.

The volume controls in windows work, the keyboard works, but I have combed the internet and these forums for someone with this specific problem to no avail. I read entries on the forums here about people with HP and compaq issues but they seemed to revolve around the sound utility not showing up at all but mine does. All I'm missing is the volume keys on my media keyboard and the on screen display when it changes. Thank you all for taking the time to read this.

donguz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
i have an HP Touchsmart and my onscreen volume controls disappeared and I have no control over my volume. I saw no responses to your quiery and am wondering if you have solved your similar problem

donguz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010

my problem was solved by an HP rep on chat. i am on win7,so my solution will not work for you,also i am still under warranty....try going to HP site and work your way to their"chat",perhaps they can help you