Sign in with
Your question

Wheel smooth scroling on windows xp

Last response: in Windows XP
Anonymous
August 27, 2010 11:38:42 AM

Hello,
i have a problem with sclrolling in wheel in the windows explorer when i rotate the wheel the scroll is not smooth but if i move the scroll bar the scroll is smooth (not that i like) please help me with this problem
August 27, 2010 2:25:26 PM

Go to the Control Panel, click on Mouse. Wheel tab, change the scroll option in there to something you like. You may also check in the mouse software if you have it, that will probably offer you many more choices. Note that there are some mice that have scroll wheels that behave in different ways, some have tiny clicks when you move the wheel, others are smooth. You may want to try a different mouse entirely.
August 28, 2010 11:33:18 AM

Quote:
Hello,
i have a problem with sclrolling in wheel in the windows explorer when i rotate the wheel the scroll is not smooth but if i move the scroll bar the scroll is smooth (not that i like) please help me with this problem

Try firefox see if that changes things.
September 1, 2010 3:47:51 AM

After checking my mouse, it does the same thing, it jumps a bit, not that big of an issue really. In fact, it's not a "problem" at all, it's just how the mouse and software design is. You may need to get a mouse that does not have indents in it's wheel. Although the mouse software may help you if you set it to scroll by one line instead of 3, I think you need to swap the mouse for a different model.
!