ah_clem

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
I have downloaded several drivers from Silicon Image's web site, and none of them will load on my W2k machine. The floppy is hosed so I'm using a Flash drive to sneaker them to the target machine. It almost seems like the "Hardware Wizzer" doesn't look anywhere but in the Windows default directories despite the fact I've selected to install from "Another Location". I've tried defining the flash drive as the target, copied the driver directory to the Desktop, to the root of the C drive and still no luck.

This is a SIL 3112A, with firmware verion 4.2.11, which btw I cannot seem to find as a defined firmware level on S.I.'s site.

This was working on another W2k box but the MB died. I'm trying to get at the files on that drive, but when I use my USB/SATA drive device, Disk Mangler shows it as a 'foreign disk'. Don't understand that because this disk was formatted with a NTFS file system, and was not part of a raid array.

Can someone help me out here I'd REALLY like to get the data off the drive if nothing else...

thanks in advance...

TonCharr28

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Wait wait, just to be clear: you're trying to recover data from your RAID array? Just exactly what's wrong, your RAID controller or one or more of your disks?

ah_clem

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
Ah no. it's not a RAID array.

"because this disk was formatted with a NTFS file system, and was NOT part of a raid array. "