SLI Capable on Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6?

I may have made a big mistake. I have two gtx 280 gpu's in the mail and I just upgraded my mobo to a GA-X48-DQ6. It supports crossfire, but will it run sli?
11 answers Last reply
More about capable gigabyte
  1. No. only motherboards with an nvidia chipset will run sli.
  2. wow
  3. http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/245454-15-crossfire-faqs

Can you use SLI on a CrossFire board or can you use CrossFire on a SLI board ?
    Well , in general , the answer is NO. But it's said that if you hack the drivers , you can use SLI on a CrossFire board or CrossFire on a SLI board.
    Caution:There is no guarantee that if you hack the drivers then you use SLI on a CrossFire Motherboard or CrossFire on a SLI board, so do it at your own risk!
  4. All that money to buy two GTX 280s, but not the sense to research the compatibility of what you're buying to what you already own.

My statement stands: wow.
  5. Has anyone else noticed the massive amount of mainstream users trying to get into computer hardware lately? Fail.
  6. jonmb78 said:
    Has anyone else noticed the massive amount of mainstream users trying to get into computer hardware lately? Fail.

Agreed.

7. You did make a BIG mistake, return one of the cards or change your motherboard to a 780i/790i,
  8. If you can return 1 piece GTX280, let's do it. Otherwise Either you need to buy a mobo with 780i / 790i for SLI or just hack the driver as well as Maxiar quoted but it would be with high risk that you need to re-install your Windows if any serious conflicct occurred.
  9. Thats Maziar :) :D
  10. Maziar said:
    Thats Maziar :) :D

oh... I quote your name with typo :D Sorry Maziar :wahoo:
  11. No problem mate :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte SLI Motherboards