Sign in with
Your question

Overiding passwords on desk top pcs

Last response: in Windows XP
Anonymous
August 27, 2010 3:35:27 PM

Hello,5 days ago i made the mistake of shutting off my computer and not remembering that i had recently created a password for my programs. when i turned it back on to access my programs i am not allowed in because i can't remember my password. it is not one or two words it's a phrase.
August 27, 2010 6:37:43 PM

Quote:
Hello,5 days ago i made the mistake of shutting off my computer and not remembering that i had recently created a password for my programs. when i turned it back on to access my programs i am not allowed in because i can't remember my password. it is not one or two words it's a phrase.

We aren't supposed to respond to password help requests but if you aren't the user who set the password up, they will know you've been into their account.

If you didn't set up the password reset procedure when you created it, you'll need to go in to Safe Mode by restarting and tapping Function 8, then log in as Administrator and hope there isn't a password for that account as well. If you get in, go to Control Panel>User Accounts and delete the password for your account. Clearly if you aren't the user who set the password up, they will know you've been into their account.

m
l
Related resources
!