Status
Not open for further replies.

Imschwartz

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010
Need to know whick KVM Switch will work with a Logitech MX3200 Wireless Keyboard and a Logitech Optical Mouse Want to run 2 computer 1 Screen 1 keyboard and mouse Thank You

Any one should do the trick but if you plug the wireless adapter into the keyboard USB port on the KVM, you'll need to put a dummy USB/PS2 adapter into the mouse port.

AVX

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
As a former owner of the Logitech Cordless Desktop MX3200 Laser, I can tell you I was able to get both the keyboard and mouse to work with the IOGEAR 2 port MiniView Micro USB PLUS KVM switch (Model No. GCS632U). Switching was instantaneous and flawless. As the previous poster noted, the receiver had to be plugged into the keyboard USB port of the switch. With that being said, I did not have to plug a dummy USB/PS2 adapter into the mouse port. Perhaps that's necessary for other models and/or brands, but for the particular one I was using, it wasn't necessary.

hartmedia

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010
I too am struggling to make my iogear KVM switch (model GCS632U) work with my wireless keyboard/mouse with unifying receiver. The same KVM used to work fine with my old wireless desktop wave keyboard/mouse with its single USB receiver (that was much larger than the half thumbnail-sized unifying receiver, more like a thumb drive)... but then I installed a wireless printer and I started getting all these weird keyboard delay issues and keys not working or ending up with a string of eeeeeeees when I was just trying to type the word "the." So I upgraded to the latest Logitech keyboard - the K350 - with it's Unifying Receiver (UR) and upgraded to a mouse that also used the UR. Suddenly, my brand new kick-ass VAIO VPCF115FM/B laptop with Windows 7 wouldn't recognize the new keyboard/mouse, but the other connected computer an older HP with XP worked just fine and I had full functionality of the keyboard and mouse and could even operate the switch with the Unifying Receiver plugged into the the Keyboard port on the GCS632U KVM, but when I switched to the laptop, nothing happened and all my troubleshooting to make it work including downloading the latest drivers for use with a Windows 7 64-bit machine failed. So Logitech support said plug it directly into the USB slot on your laptop, and of course, it worked and the keyboard delay and miscue issues that occured with the old Wireless Desktop Wave setup were fixed, so my perceived interference issues with the HP wireless printer were eradicated... but the damn KVM switch still doesn't work. Iogear's tech support on the issue was abysmal. The agent said they don't support wireless setups, only wired keyboard/mice, and I said but it works with my XP machine! Then, I had to stop the Peggy-like android from executing yet another algorithm of pre-determined responses to ask "Do you make a KVM that is Windows 7-certified... I'm still thinking Windows 7 may be the barrier. She said I could try the Iogear GCS1732 KVM, but said the company still cannot guarantee compatibility with any wireless keyboard/mouse. Does anybody out there have a success story with the GCS1732 KVM paired with Logitech's Unifying Reciever mice and keyboards? If not, is there a Trendnet or some other KVM that is working in someone's Windows 7 environment?

AVX

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010

I had a similar experience. I upgraded from the IOGEAR GCS632U to the IOGEAR GCS1734 KVMP switch. When using the Logitech MK710 Wireless Desktop, which also features the Unifying receiver, it didn't work in either the frontside keyboard port or the frontside mouse port of the IOGEAR GCS1734 KVMP switch. I could only get the MK710 to work in the backside secondary USB ports. And when I tried that, it was detected as a separate USB device, was disconnected and reconnected slowly when switching ports (to the tune of about 10-15 second delays), and was unable to recognize any keyboard port switching commands.

I also called IOGEAR technical support and after explaining the troubleshooting measures I had taken, the support rep simply told me the GCS1734 was incompatible with my Logitech wireless keyboard. When I tried my Logitech MX 3200 Cordless Desktop with the IOGEAR GCS1734, it did work in the frontside keyboard port, but again, 10-15 second delays in switching.

The lesson? IOGEAR KVMP switch compatibility with wireless keyboards is unpredictable and unreliable. I'm still looking for another KVMP switch to resolve my issue.

yahoot

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
I recently got my logitech mx710 wireless keyboard/mouse to work on my IO gear 2 pc USB KVM attached to a thinkpad t60 and a newer HP laptop (bth running xp). I had the KVM working with wired KB and mouse, but swithced to the 710.

HP recognized the 710 just fine.

The Thinkpad wouldn't recognize the mx710 until I (1) inserted the unifying receiver into the thinkpad's USB port so it could "discover" the 710, then (2) shutdown the Thinkpad, and (3) put the receiver in the KVM, rebooted the t60, and now it sees the KB and Mouse, and I can now switch back and forth between systems with the KVM.

So far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.