Oh Goodness!

It's sort of hard to explain, but I now have a blog.

<http://electronicfunzone.blogspot.com/>

Didn't want one, but now that I have it, I suppose
I should tap out my (frequent) rants there, huh?

Or should I just keep ranting and raving in here?

:oþ

--
>^,,^< Miracle

More about goodness
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Raving and ranting here is cool. You could cut and paste some of your
    better critiques of life's quirks there.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    > It's sort of hard to explain, but I now have a blog.
    >
    > <http://electronicfunzone.blogspot.com/>
    >
    > Didn't want one, but now that I have it, I suppose
    > I should tap out my (frequent) rants there, huh?
    >
    > Or should I just keep ranting and raving in here?
    >
    > :oþ
    >
    > --

    Do what i do.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    "Adrian Ng" <spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

    > "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    >> It's sort of hard to explain, but I now have a blog.
    >>
    >> <http://electronicfunzone.blogspot.com/>
    >>
    >> Didn't want one, but now that I have it, I suppose
    >> I should tap out my (frequent) rants there, huh?
    >>
    >> Or should I just keep ranting and raving in here?
    >>
    >> :oþ
    >>
    >> --
    >
    > Do what i do.

    Walk like an Egyptian.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On 5 May 2005 07:57:06 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:

    > It's sort of hard to explain, but I now have a blog.
    >
    > <http://electronicfunzone.blogspot.com/>
    >
    > Didn't want one, but now that I have it, I suppose
    > I should tap out my (frequent) rants there, huh?
    >
    > Or should I just keep ranting and raving in here?
    >
    > :oþ

    Rant and spout in here. I tend to hate weblogs.

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)

    Mr K wrote:
    > Rant and spout in here. I tend to hate weblogs.

    Even photoblogs? Speaking of which, where do you stash your stuff online
    nowadays?

    You were http://boltondave.fotopic.net/ weren't you? Hasn't been updated
    in almost a year.
    --
    Frank
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Smeghead wrote:
    > Raving and ranting here is cool. You could cut and paste some of your
    > better critiques of life's quirks there.

    Help me remember to do that- in two days I'll forget
    all about that blogspot. :D

    --
    {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
    >^,,^< Miracle

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Mr K wrote:
    > On 5 May 2005 07:57:06 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:
    >
    >> It's sort of hard to explain, but I now have a blog.
    >>
    >> <http://electronicfunzone.blogspot.com/>
    >>
    >> Didn't want one, but now that I have it, I suppose
    >> I should tap out my (frequent) rants there, huh?
    >>
    >> Or should I just keep ranting and raving in here?
    >>
    >> :oþ
    >
    > Rant and spout in here. I tend to hate weblogs.

    I hear ya. I don't have the energy or the time to go
    elsewhere just to *type* some more. Yeesh.
    I like Smeggy's idea- if I go off in an interesting manner,
    I'll just cut & paste it over there.

    *If* I remember................

    --
    {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
    >^,,^< Miracle

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Adrian Ng wrote:
    > "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    >> It's sort of hard to explain, but I now have a blog.
    >>
    >> <http://electronicfunzone.blogspot.com/>
    >>
    >> Didn't want one, but now that I have it, I suppose
    >> I should tap out my (frequent) rants there, huh?
    >>
    >> Or should I just keep ranting and raving in here?
    >>
    >> :oþ
    >>
    >> --
    >
    > Do what i do.

    And what is it you do in regards to blogs, Adrian?

    --
    {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
    >^,,^< Miracle

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Frank van Schie wrote:
    > Mr K wrote:
    >> Rant and spout in here. I tend to hate weblogs.
    >
    > Even photoblogs? Speaking of which, where do you stash your stuff
    > online nowadays?
    >
    > You were http://boltondave.fotopic.net/ weren't you? Hasn't been
    > updated in almost a year.

    Horry chit, look about Frank- he's added all sorts of stuff this year.

    --
    {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
    >^,,^< Miracle

  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Miracle Smith wrote:
    >>You were http://boltondave.fotopic.net/ weren't you? Hasn't been
    >>updated in almost a year.
    >
    > Horry chit, look about Frank- he's added all sorts of stuff this year.

    Oh, yeah. I looked at the "Most recent collections", the latest of which
    is dated 31 May 2004. 's not my fault he didn't put it in a collection. :)
    --
    Frank
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    > Adrian Ng wrote:
    >> "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
    >>> It's sort of hard to explain, but I now have a blog.
    >>>
    >>> <http://electronicfunzone.blogspot.com/>
    >>>
    >>> Didn't want one, but now that I have it, I suppose
    >>> I should tap out my (frequent) rants there, huh?
    >>>
    >>> Or should I just keep ranting and raving in here?
    >>>
    >>> :oþ
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>
    >> Do what i do.
    >

    > And what is it you do in regards to blogs, Adrian?

    World domination plans.

    REAL detailed like.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Frank van Schie wrote:
    > Miracle Smith wrote:
    >>> You were http://boltondave.fotopic.net/ weren't you? Hasn't been
    >>> updated in almost a year.
    >>
    >> Horry chit, look about Frank- he's added all sorts of stuff this
    >> year.
    >
    > Oh, yeah. I looked at the "Most recent collections", the latest of
    > which is dated 31 May 2004. 's not my fault he didn't put it in a
    > collection. :)

    Thank you for making me feel a little less senile! ;)

    --
    {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
    >^,,^< Miracle

  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Adrian Ng wrote:
    > "Miracle Smith" wrote...
    >> And what is it you do in regards to blogs, Adrian?
    >>

    > World domination plans.
    >
    > REAL detailed like.

    <rubs forehead> Adrian honey, we need to talk...........

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle

  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Miracle Smith wrote:
    > Frank van Schie wrote:
    >
    >>I've also figured out that Curves are wonderful in correcting a
    >>piss-poor colored photograph. The guy explaining it had a
    >>half-and-half picture, first half before touching up, second half
    >>after touching up. I didn't believe it, so I mucked about with part
    >>of the bad half and tried to match colors with the good half. Result:
    >>http://nebulous.nl/misc/tmp.jpg
    >
    > Damn, that's good stuff. Almost motivated me to bring up
    > PSP8 and once again try to learn how to use it.
    >
    > *Almost*. I have too much on my plate as it is.

    It's using Curves (CTRL-M) in Photoshop. Even then, I "cheated" by
    following his guidelines, the full extent of which was "three control
    points for the RGB channel, and two for each red, blue and green
    channel", though the mucking about process was easy enough.

    I've seen many pictures with blue moutains like that, so it's nice to
    know something might be done about it.
    --
    Frank
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Fri, 06 May 2005 23:07:38 +0200, Frank van Schie wrote:

    > It's using Curves (CTRL-M) in Photoshop. Even then, I "cheated" by
    > following his guidelines, the full extent of which was "three control
    > points for the RGB channel, and two for each red, blue and green
    > channel", though the mucking about process was easy enough.
    >
    > I've seen many pictures with blue moutains like that, so it's nice to
    > know something might be done about it.

    If you *really* want to mess about, try recreating the infra-red film
    effect...:
    http://www.users.bigpond.com/vkelim/DMCFZ10/node140.html
    http://www.photocountry.photoshot.com/Tutorials/tutorial2.html
    .... etc.

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Frank van Schie wrote:
    > It's using Curves (CTRL-M) in Photoshop. Even then, I "cheated" by
    > following his guidelines, the full extent of which was "three control
    > points for the RGB channel, and two for each red, blue and green
    > channel", though the mucking about process was easy enough.
    >
    > I've seen many pictures with blue moutains like that, so it's nice to
    > know something might be done about it.

    It seems every time it gets even a little humid here, the mountains
    surrounding us get hazy, so if I could duplicate these results, my shots
    of the area could be improved greatly.
    I'm going to try the RGB adjustment with my simplistic Corel proggie
    and see what happens.
    Um, *eventually*. I'm busily making cool prezzies to send out. I had
    a really cool idea. Well, *I* think it's a cool idea. ;)

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle

  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Mr K wrote:
    > On Fri, 06 May 2005 23:07:38 +0200, Frank van Schie wrote:
    >
    >> It's using Curves (CTRL-M) in Photoshop. Even then, I "cheated" by
    >> following his guidelines, the full extent of which was "three control
    >> points for the RGB channel, and two for each red, blue and green
    >> channel", though the mucking about process was easy enough.
    >>
    >> I've seen many pictures with blue moutains like that, so it's nice to
    >> know something might be done about it.
    >
    > If you *really* want to mess about, try recreating the infra-red film
    > effect...:
    > http://www.users.bigpond.com/vkelim/DMCFZ10/node140.html
    > http://www.photocountry.photoshot.com/Tutorials/tutorial2.html
    > ... etc.

    /me reaches for aspirin bottle

    I think I'll go back to crafting.

    --
    {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
    >^,,^< Miracle

  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Miracle Smith wrote:
    > Adrian Ng wrote:
    >
    >>"Miracle Smith" wrote...
    >>
    >>> And what is it you do in regards to blogs, Adrian?
    >>>

    >>World domination plans.
    >>
    >>REAL detailed like.
    >
    > <rubs forehead> Adrian honey, we need to talk...........

    Indeed. I got dibs.
    --
    Frank
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Frank van Schie wrote:
    > Miracle Smith wrote:
    >> Adrian Ng wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Miracle Smith" wrote...

    >>> World domination plans.
    >>>
    >>> REAL detailed like.
    >>
    >> <rubs forehead> Adrian honey, we need to talk...........
    >
    > Indeed. I got dibs.

    Okay, you go first, but I'm next in line.

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle

  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Mr K wrote:
    > If you *really* want to mess about, try recreating the infra-red film
    > effect...:
    > http://www.users.bigpond.com/vkelim/DMCFZ10/node140.html
    > http://www.photocountry.photoshot.com/Tutorials/tutorial2.html
    > ... etc.

    I... fail to see the point, really. I probably just don't get it, but in
    that second link, I preferred the color version to the IR-ified version...
    --
    Frank
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sat, 07 May 2005 00:51:09 +0200, Frank van Schie wrote:

    > I... fail to see the point, really. I probably just don't get it, but in
    > that second link, I preferred the color version to the IR-ified version...

    Each to their own. Plus, it does depend on the photographs content, and if
    it can "carry" the effect.

    Not all photographs work well with b+w IR's dreamlike appearances, be the
    effect fake or otherwise.

    --
    "There's violence to be done."
    R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Miracle Smith wrote:
    > Frank van Schie wrote:
    >
    >>It's using Curves (CTRL-M) in Photoshop. Even then, I "cheated" by
    >>following his guidelines, the full extent of which was "three control
    >>points for the RGB channel, and two for each red, blue and green
    >>channel", though the mucking about process was easy enough.
    >>
    >>I've seen many pictures with blue moutains like that, so it's nice to
    >>know something might be done about it.
    >
    > It seems every time it gets even a little humid here, the mountains
    > surrounding us get hazy, so if I could duplicate these results, my shots
    > of the area could be improved greatly.
    > I'm going to try the RGB adjustment with my simplistic Corel proggie
    > and see what happens.
    > Um, *eventually*. I'm busily making cool prezzies to send out. I had
    > a really cool idea. Well, *I* think it's a cool idea. ;)

    Post some online to muck about with, then, for those of us who live in
    countries where the only thing even *called* a mountain is a 321 meter
    high hill.

    Literally.
    --
    Frank
    And I live at about 5-6 meters below sea level.

    Frank van Schie wrote:
    > Post some online to muck about with, then, for those of us who live in
    > countries where the only thing even *called* a mountain is a 321 meter
    > high hill.
    >
    > Literally.

    Okay, but folks who live in Washington & Oregon sneer
    at my Gila Mountains, calling them molehills. HMPF!

    Let me find the easiest site to access.......how about
    WebShots?

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle

  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    > Let me find the easiest site to access.......how about
    > WebShots?

    Okay, I got off my dead ass and made a page on our
    Smith Family Homestead site:
    http://rossandmiracle.homestead.com/RawPhotos.html

    I'll add photos as I get time, but more coming while
    you youropeeans sleep. ;oP

    --
    {{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
    >^,,^< Miracle

  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    "Miracle Smith" wrote...
    > Okay, I got off my dead ass and made a page on our
    > Smith Family Homestead site:
    > http://rossandmiracle.homestead.com/RawPhotos.html

    Here's the index page to see other areas of the homestead:
    http://rossandmiracle.homestead.com/index.html

    Damn Frank, I'm really glad I'm doing this! Page building
    is really pretty quick and easy- I had no excuse to abandon my
    site(s) for so long.

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle, hanging head

  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Mr K wrote:
    > On Sat, 07 May 2005 00:51:09 +0200, Frank van Schie wrote:
    >

    >>I... fail to see the point, really. I probably just don't get it, but in
    >>that second link, I preferred the color version to the IR-ified version...
    >

    > Each to their own. Plus, it does depend on the photographs content, and if
    > it can "carry" the effect.
    >
    > Not all photographs work well with b+w IR's dreamlike appearances, be the
    > effect fake or otherwise.

    That dreamlike thing, I can see. I would imagine a rather special set of
    circumstances being required, though, like a dreamlike scene. As is, it
    kindof seems like an oversaturated (insofar as that can be used in B&W
    photography) B&W photograph.

    Ah well, as you say, to each their own.
    --
    Frank
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Miracle Smith wrote:
    > "Miracle Smith" wrote...
    >
    >> Okay, I got off my dead ass and made a page on our
    >>Smith Family Homestead site:
    >>http://rossandmiracle.homestead.com/RawPhotos.html

    Nice mountains. Dwarfs anything we Dutch folk have.

    Anyway, mucking about with the rainbow:
    http://www.nebulous.nl/misc/YumaMolehills.jpg

    It went from overcast to almost clear blue, which means there wouldn't
    be a rainbow, but yeah. Naturally, these things can be applied to
    selected portions, but I only had about 15 minutes.

    Mountains are clearer (could've made them redder, didn't know what color
    they actually were). There was also a lot of noise, which is more
    visible now. Could've done some filter stuff, but didn't.

    Also tweaked the levels a bit, because it looked way too dark.

    Better, worse, "give it up, already"?

    > Here's the index page to see other areas of the homestead:
    > http://rossandmiracle.homestead.com/index.html
    >
    > Damn Frank, I'm really glad I'm doing this! Page building
    > is really pretty quick and easy- I had no excuse to abandon my
    > site(s) for so long.

    A simple-looking and clear page is all you need, and all people should
    EVER build, IMHO. Of course, simple-looking and complex functionality
    can go hand in hand for corporate sites, but it's not as if its
    necessary for a nice homepage.

    Now, chopchop, to work. :-)
    --
    Frank
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote in news:427be1d8$0$287
    $cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com:

    > http://www.users.bigpond.com/vkelim/DMCFZ10/node140.html
    > http://www.photocountry.photoshot.com/Tutorials/tutorial2.html

    Kinda looks flocked up. ;)
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Frank van Schie <frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote in news:Yq-
    dnWvyyYgAQebfRVnytQ@casema.nl:

    >>>World domination plans.
    >>>
    >>>REAL detailed like.
    >>
    >> <rubs forehead> Adrian honey, we need to talk...........
    >
    > Indeed. I got dibs.

    LOL

    But what I want to know is...

    .... Where do you get enough *leather*?!
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Frank van Schie wrote:
    > Miracle Smith wrote:
    >> "Miracle Smith" wrote...
    >>
    >>> Okay, I got off my dead ass and made a page on our
    >>> Smith Family Homestead site:
    >>> http://rossandmiracle.homestead.com/RawPhotos.html
    >
    > Nice mountains. Dwarfs anything we Dutch folk have.

    Before the weeds died, I should have taken some shots
    of those- they had a nice green "blush" going on.

    > Anyway, mucking about with the rainbow:
    > http://www.nebulous.nl/misc/YumaMolehills.jpg

    Horry chit. Beat me and make me clean that lens!

    Wow Frank, that's impressive. You're hired!!

    > It went from overcast to almost clear blue, which means there wouldn't
    > be a rainbow, but yeah. Naturally, these things can be applied to
    > selected portions, but I only had about 15 minutes.
    >
    > Mountains are clearer (could've made them redder, didn't know what
    > color they actually were). There was also a lot of noise, which is
    > more visible now. Could've done some filter stuff, but didn't.
    >
    > Also tweaked the levels a bit, because it looked way too dark.
    >
    > Better, worse, "give it up, already"?

    Hell no! I'll let you know when I add one I'd love for you to
    help me with- that's amazing to me!! If I had tried to do that, I'd
    have screwed up the ficus tree there on the left really bad- I have
    a knack for getting unwanted results. :(

    > A simple-looking and clear page is all you need, and all people should
    > EVER build, IMHO. Of course, simple-looking and complex functionality
    > can go hand in hand for corporate sites, but it's not as if its
    > necessary for a nice homepage.
    >
    > Now, chopchop, to work. :-)

    Slave driver! Okay, but I'm pretty scarce online during the weekends,
    since that's when I tackle most of the housework. That way I have
    Monday through Friday to play. :)
    And tomorrow (Sunday) I'm going to beat Ross about the head and
    shoulders until he helps me straighten out his nightmare of a kitchen. I got
    him a bunch of new pots and stuff for Christmas, and he still hasn't put
    them away properly. Yet each time he cooks, he bitches about my "old
    not-so-good" cookware! GAH!
    And folks wonder why I call him "Your Chefness". ;)

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle, being a mutha on Mothers' Day.

  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    "ScratchMonkey" <ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote in message
    > Frank van Schie <frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote in news:Yq-
    > dnWvyyYgAQebfRVnytQ@casema.nl:

    >>> <rubs forehead> Adrian honey, we need to talk...........
    >>
    >> Indeed. I got dibs.
    >
    > LOL
    >
    > But what I want to know is...
    >

    > ... Where do you get enough *leather*?!

    I'm so confused...

    Here's stage one

    Stage 1.01a In world domination plans
    1) Make a plan!

    Task owner: Me

    Cost: time, organization

    Benefit: satisfaction - as ruler of the world i would be satisified.

    Timing: May 1st (tentative)

    Next steps: Carry out the plan

    Next update: 4/17

    Needed: Nothing
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Miracle Smith wrote:
    > Frank van Schie wrote:
    >
    >>Nice mountains. Dwarfs anything we Dutch folk have.
    >
    > Before the weeds died, I should have taken some shots
    > of those- they had a nice green "blush" going on.

    Always a bit better, of course.

    >>Anyway, mucking about with the rainbow:
    >>http://www.nebulous.nl/misc/YumaMolehills.jpg
    >
    > Horry chit. Beat me and make me clean that lens!
    >
    > Wow Frank, that's impressive. You're hired!!

    I endeavour to serve in an instructional capacity only. That is, you'd
    better learn to do that yourself :)

    It's not difficult, it's mucking about with the options in Photoshop.
    Mind you, Photoshop is expensive, but there are sublegal versions
    available, and who know, maybe you can get someone to sell you their
    legal Photoshop 7 for an apple and an egg.

    (poorly translated Dutch expression, I think)

    >>It went from overcast to almost clear blue, which means there wouldn't
    >>be a rainbow, but yeah. Naturally, these things can be applied to
    >>selected portions, but I only had about 15 minutes.
    >>
    >>Mountains are clearer (could've made them redder, didn't know what
    >>color they actually were). There was also a lot of noise, which is
    >>more visible now. Could've done some filter stuff, but didn't.
    >>
    >>Also tweaked the levels a bit, because it looked way too dark.
    >>
    >>Better, worse, "give it up, already"?
    >
    > Hell no! I'll let you know when I add one I'd love for you to
    > help me with- that's amazing to me!! If I had tried to do that, I'd
    > have screwed up the ficus tree there on the left really bad- I have
    > a knack for getting unwanted results. :(

    I'd have put a Sharpen filter on the whole thing, if I'd figured out in
    time how to undo that filter only for the tree, because it wasn't an
    improvement for that.

    Got the tip for color adjustments at a simple site:
    http://dpfwiw.com/
    Specifically:
    http://dpfwiw.com/processing.htm

    And other stuff to read through at some point in the future, just 'cause
    I can:
    http://www.shortcourses.com/

    >>A simple-looking and clear page is all you need, and all people should
    >>EVER build, IMHO. Of course, simple-looking and complex functionality
    >>can go hand in hand for corporate sites, but it's not as if its
    >>necessary for a nice homepage.
    >>
    >>Now, chopchop, to work. :-)
    >
    > Slave driver! Okay, but I'm pretty scarce online during the weekends,
    > since that's when I tackle most of the housework. That way I have
    > Monday through Friday to play. :)
    > And tomorrow (Sunday) I'm going to beat Ross about the head and
    > shoulders until he helps me straighten out his nightmare of a kitchen. I got
    > him a bunch of new pots and stuff for Christmas, and he still hasn't put
    > them away properly. Yet each time he cooks, he bitches about my "old
    > not-so-good" cookware! GAH!
    > And folks wonder why I call him "Your Chefness". ;)

    True genius doesn't know the meaning of the word 'tidy'! I mean, they
    know it, they're not stupid, just not in this context.

    (that's what I tell myself anyway, as I cautiously step over a veritable
    cliff in my comp. room)

    --
    Frank
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    On Sun, 08 May 2005 19:13:30 +0200, Frank van Schie
    <frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote:

    >Miracle Smith wrote:
    >> Frank van Schie wrote:
    >>
    >>>Nice mountains. Dwarfs anything we Dutch folk have.
    >>
    >> Before the weeds died, I should have taken some shots
    >> of those- they had a nice green "blush" going on.
    >
    >Always a bit better, of course.
    >
    >>>Anyway, mucking about with the rainbow:
    >>>http://www.nebulous.nl/misc/YumaMolehills.jpg
    >>
    >> Horry chit. Beat me and make me clean that lens!
    >>
    >> Wow Frank, that's impressive. You're hired!!
    >
    >I endeavour to serve in an instructional capacity only. That is, you'd
    >better learn to do that yourself :)
    >
    >It's not difficult, it's mucking about with the options in Photoshop.
    >Mind you, Photoshop is expensive, but there are sublegal versions
    >available, and who know, maybe you can get someone to sell you their
    >legal Photoshop 7 for an apple and an egg.

    [snizzip]

    Sub Legal. I like that.

    I myself have an "offsite backup copy" that someone entrusted into my
    care and keeping. Of course I had to install it to make sure that
    their regional catastrophe redundant storage copy was functional.

    Arg! Avast ye maties! It's for fun and not profit. If I were doing
    things to make money from it, I would be more than pleased to give
    Adobe the asking price and write it off as a business expense.

    --
    --==< S m e g h e a d >==--
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Frank van Schie wrote:
    > I endeavour to serve in an instructional capacity only. That is, you'd
    > better learn to do that yourself :)

    <Damn. He's on to me.>

    > It's not difficult, it's mucking about with the options in Photoshop.
    > Mind you, Photoshop is expensive, but there are sublegal versions
    > available, and who know, maybe you can get someone to sell you their
    > legal Photoshop 7 for an apple and an egg.
    >
    > (poorly translated Dutch expression, I think)

    I hope you didn't mean "an arm and a leg"! LOL
    I have PSP, and I'll bet there are similar tools included.
    It's just that, like everything else, it's hard to find the hours
    needed to sit and really delve into it.

    > I'd have put a Sharpen filter on the whole thing, if I'd figured out
    > in time how to undo that filter only for the tree, because it wasn't
    > an improvement for that.
    >
    > Got the tip for color adjustments at a simple site:
    > http://dpfwiw.com/
    > Specifically:
    > http://dpfwiw.com/processing.htm
    >
    > And other stuff to read through at some point in the future, just
    > 'cause I can:
    > http://www.shortcourses.com/

    Dutifully bookmarked for the future. I'll probably end up
    with Photoshop in my arsenal one of these days. I'm a total
    software junkie at times.

    > True genius doesn't know the meaning of the word 'tidy'! I mean, they
    > know it, they're not stupid, just not in this context.
    >
    > (that's what I tell myself anyway, as I cautiously step over a
    > veritable cliff in my comp. room)

    (I look to my right. I'm in the "papercraft" room. Um, I think
    I'd better just hush, since there's nary a clear spot to set down
    my coffee. I'm in the midst of creating, you know.)

    <stops laughing long enough to hit "Send">

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle

  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Hellmark wrote:
    > *grins* You do know people that can help.

    Yes, I found that out shortly after coming online
    tonight. :)

    --
    >^,,^< Miracle, not naming names

Games Video Games Product