515 touch screen problems

July 29, 2004 11:42:09 PM

OK it may be time to buy a new palm, but what is happening is this

Sometimes when I turn on my Palm now, the screen is unresponsive to the
touch. The buttons across the bottom are all active, but I cannt get to the
main menu. Any solutions?

thanks
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 10:23:28 AM

Mac wrote:

> OK it may be time to buy a new palm, but what is happening is this
>
> Sometimes when I turn on my Palm now, the screen is unresponsive to the
> touch. The buttons across the bottom are all active, but I cannt get to the
> main menu. Any solutions?

This may be due to the digitizer becoming mismapped to the screen.
There's a small program you can install on the Palm, that will force it
to reset the digitizer on a soft reboot, but the name escapes me.
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 10:55:13 AM

Mac wrote:

> OK it may be time to buy a new palm, but what is happening is this
>
> Sometimes when I turn on my Palm now, the screen is unresponsive to the
> touch. The buttons across the bottom are all active, but I cannt get to
> the main menu. Any solutions?
>
> thanks

I think you have to start off by finding out if it's a software fault or a
hardware fault.

My alphabetic Graffiti region has become useless due to wear, but my
digitiser has gone bad too (resulting in a 1-2 mm offset), but that can
often be corrected.

Roy

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com

Dekaritae <maur@mdi.ca> wrote:

> Mac wrote:
>
> > OK it may be time to buy a new palm, but what is happening is this
> >
> > Sometimes when I turn on my Palm now, the screen is unresponsive to the
> > touch. The buttons across the bottom are all active, but I cannt get to the
> > main menu. Any solutions?
>
> This may be due to the digitizer becoming mismapped to the screen.
> There's a small program you can install on the Palm, that will force it
> to reset the digitizer on a soft reboot, but the name escapes me.

I'm using HandyAid but it does not always keep the drift under control:

http://www.homepacific.net.sg/~kokmun/

http://kokmun.freeservers.com/

or usual Palm sites.

tony