Yellow with a black exclamation point

edarihced

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010
hello, I need HELP. I reformatted my PC. But after that it lost its sounds. when I opened the Device Manager it looks like this:
IDE/ATA/ATAPI Controllers
Primary IDE Channel ( no mark )
Primary IDE Channel (with yellow mark and exlamation point beside it)
Primary IDE Channel (also with yellow mark and exlamation point
beside it)
Secondary IDE Channel
Primary IDE Channel (with yellow mark and exlamation point beside it)
Primary IDE Channel (also with yellow mark and exlamation point
beside it)
Then on the Primary IDE Channel ( no mark ) i clicked the Properties it has the following tabs: General, advanced settings, driver, details: under the General tab it said :This device is working properly.

I also checked on the Primary IDE Channel (with yellow mark and exlamation point beside it) it has an additional tab that says Resources tab: under it ; conflicting device List:
Input/Output Range 01F0 - 01F7 used by:
Primary IDE Channel
Input/Output Range 03F6 - 03F6 used by:
Primary IDE Channel
Interrupt Request 14 used by:
Primary IDE Channel
it also said code error 12

for the Secondary IDE Chennel Resources tab said;This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
Conflicting device list
Input/Output Range 0170 - 0177 used by:
Secondary IDE Channel
Input/Output Range 0376 - 0376 used by:
Secondary IDE Channel
Interrupt Request 15 used by:
Secondary IDE Channel

I guess I must have clicked something along the way that had made it went really like that. :cry: I tried to follow the trouble shooting wizard but i cannot execute the step when I had to Change Settings to Configure but that area was dulled into gray which made it impossible for me to change anything.
Info on about my PC:
OS -- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version --- 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
Manufacturer ----microsoft Corporation
System Name --- FaUNI-CPWYX8A9S
System Manufacturer -- PCCHIPS
System Model --- P17G
System Type --- X86 - based PC
Processor --- X86 Family 6 Model 22 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel 1599Mhz
BIOS Version Date --- American Megatrends Inc. 080012, 9/17/2007
SMBIOS Version -- 2.5
system Directory -- C:/windows/system32
Total Physical Memory : 1.024.00MB
Available Physical Memory -- 453.59 MB
Total virtual Memory -- 2.00 GB

If you need any more info about my computer that cam help to solvet his problem, please let me know. thank you so much in anticipation of your help.

after you load XP, or do a repair installation (you may have to do a repair, see the fourth post from the top in this forum)
Load all the motherboard drivers second, get the drivers, according to your make and model of computer, from the manufacturer's website, or from the motherboard manufacturer website. This includes the audio, chipset, ethernet, video ...etc...
Apparently you did not load the mother board drivers. Turn off the firewall while loading these drivers.
Then install all your programs, third, with the firewall off. Then install and activate your antivirus, last.
Doing the right install, in the right order, will probably fix the problems.

edarihced

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010
thanks for the suggestions. I would want to do as you you instructed but the thing is after i posted this problem, when i clicked the My Computer icon, my letter for CDrom drive is already missing and is no longer functioning, during the first few days it was still there but after the updates from microsoft it was no longer working. i do not know which of the updates affected it but it's definitely not recognized anymore.

edarihced

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2010

thanks for the suggestions. I would want to do as you you instructed but the thing is after i posted this problem, when i clicked the My Computer icon, my letter for CDrom drive is already missing and is no longer functioning, during the first few days it was still there but after the updates from microsoft it was no longer working. i do not know which of the updates affected it but it's definitely not recognized anymore.