AMD 7 series motherboards...

dario77

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
i struggled seriously with which subsection to post this in, as it has much to do with chipsets (particularly NB+SB combination), but its more a gripe with motherboard manufacturers in general...

so....790fx is supposed to be king poop of AMD boards, but even the top-tier models from the top-tier manufacturers (lookin' at you, gigabyte ds/dq!!!) haven't adopted SB700 yet....

my question is...why? is it just newegg not updating the specs to reflect newer board revisions, or is it because we're only a month (allegedly only that long) out from 790gx (SB750)???

seems to me your average informed consumer would have a far easier time shelling out 50+ bucks extra for 790fx over 780g if they could get one with SB700...

oh, and if i could impose....this is a thread about AMD motherboards. any reference to intel must be ON TOPIC, as in it must show a relevance (for example, any intel chipsets that went through multiple SB configs) to the discussion. lets keep this a civil discussion, please.
just saying that "mobo makers are ignoring AMD cause INTEL ROOOLZ AN' AMD DROOLZ" is neither helpful, nor needful.
k?
k...
now, discuss...

akhilles

Splendid
But the average user doesn't overclock and even doesn't care about what's in the box as long as it's a good price & it works. The informed one may care about the parts, but still they don't care about the chips used on the parts. We're a tiny group of the entire market.

I was tempted to pick up a SB750 + Phenom 9850 to beat the Polish guy who did 3.7ghz, but the price is still too high to me.