Microsoft Video Screensaver installation problems

Can anyone help? I've attempted to install the above on our new DELL
Dimension 3000 but keep hitting a problem.

During installation I get a note regarding Genuine Windows Validation. Upon
hitting continue I am forwarded to the Windows Genuine Advantage program
where I receive the message Validation Complete!. If I then return to the
install screen I am told the installation was interrupted and that I should
restart the installer. Unfortunately every time I do this I get the same
result. I've no problems with anything else from Microsoft including normal
windows updates. PC is perfectly genuine and direct from DELL. Thank you in
advance for any assistance offered.

Rod

Launch Internet Explorer and from the Toolbar select:
Tools > Internet Options > Settings > View Objects.
Right-click on each item denoted as "Windows Genuine
Advantage Validation Tool" and select "Remove".

Afterward, revisit the Microsoft download web site.

The Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) validation check process
does not complete when you try to validate your copy of Windows XP
or Windows 2000 Professional
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;905226

Please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of Microsoft Download Center
pages to request assistance directly from Microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/ContactDownloads

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Rod L" wrote:

| Can anyone help? I've attempted to install the above on our new DELL
| Dimension 3000 but keep hitting a problem.
|
| During installation I get a note regarding Genuine Windows Validation. Upon
| hitting continue I am forwarded to the Windows Genuine Advantage program
| where I receive the message Validation Complete!. If I then return to the
| install screen I am told the installation was interrupted and that I should
| restart the installer. Unfortunately every time I do this I get the same
| result. I've no problems with anything else from Microsoft including normal
| windows updates. PC is perfectly genuine and direct from DELL. Thank you in
| advance for any assistance offered.
|
| Rod

Hi,

I did what you said and removed Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool.
Unfortunately the same thing still happens although the Genuine Advantage
Validation Tool is no longer present in View Objects. Any more suggestions?
Cheers...

Rod

Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
> Launch Internet Explorer and from the Toolbar select:
> Tools > Internet Options > Settings > View Objects.
> Right-click on each item denoted as "Windows Genuine
> Advantage Validation Tool" and select "Remove".
>
> Afterward, revisit the Microsoft download web site.
>
> The Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) validation check process
> does not complete when you try to validate your copy of Windows XP
> or Windows 2000 Professional
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;905226
>
> Please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of Microsoft Download
> Center
> pages to request assistance directly from Microsoft:
> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/ContactDownloads
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Rod L" wrote:
>
> | Can anyone help? I've attempted to install the above on our new DELL
> | Dimension 3000 but keep hitting a problem.
> |
> | During installation I get a note regarding Genuine Windows Validation.
> Upon
> | hitting continue I am forwarded to the Windows Genuine Advantage program
> | where I receive the message Validation Complete!. If I then return to
> the
> | install screen I am told the installation was interrupted and that I
> should
> | restart the installer. Unfortunately every time I do this I get the same
> | result. I've no problems with anything else from Microsoft including
> normal
> | windows updates. PC is perfectly genuine and direct from DELL. Thank you
> in
> | advance for any assistance offered.
> |
> | Rod

TRENDING THREADS