A few pics a lil info on Nehalem

bc4

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
nice find ---- I personally cannot wait until the questions flood the forums about tri - channel ram. How much faster is DDR3 in tri channel vs ddr2 dual channel. Can I run 2 sticks of ddr3 in that board? wow ---

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
amd is so in trouble!

soon amd will be making dog implant chips to fill gaps in fab and chip production.

i think intel need to throw amd a bone and let them make dual cores of something - i know thats so rude. but amd is so in trouble

stock is still a good deal a 7!

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007

fsb bus move data from memory to the controller to the cpu

the controller is in the cpu so data skips the nb and goes from memory to cpu

interconects inside the silicon or (i am not cpu design expert) lanes from controller to cpu are all build in

no fsb

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007

25-30k is already shown months ago

i expect to see 30k+

darkdisciple

Distinguished
May 19, 2008
The CPU and memory bandwidth sound nice, but overall is it really that amazing? It will supposedly either have 8 cores, or 4 cores with 8 threads. Almost nothing even uses 4 cores now, nor is it likely to anytime soon.

The hardware always "hopefully" precedes the software. Im aware of the abuse of non multithreaded software vs multi cpus going on now, but for forward looking approach, as these arent even out yet, it still looks promising. By abuse I mean, we have less and less choices with dual cores, while multi (quad and greater) cores are being pushed at us