OVERCLOCK NEED A STEP BY STEP FROM PEEPS NOT A GUIDE!

BenSheriff

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Right to start off with i have learning difficulties so my spelling is well off and my reading is very poor, so a guide will not do ,

Ill post what im starting off with,

*Note i check a guide - can be found if you google legionhardware E4600 oc guide, he is useing old ram tho and a very higher Vcore of 1.425V* So id rither skip his, tho another Tomhardware client Forum member sent me a pm as he got his to 1066 fsb stable with a 1.425V* but that seems very high , well we see how it goes lads.

CPU - E4600 (@ default settings 800FSB @ 1.325V)

MOBO- GA-EP35C-DS3R REV 2.1 (bios @ F4a)

PSU- 650W (2x12V 23A MAX)

GFX- 8800GTS 320MB XFX (standard not the fatality ed) (not overclocked i know how to do this myself)

Memory- http://www.kingston.com/hyperx/products/khx_ddr2.asp

Kingston Technology Company - HyperX DDR2 -

(located in the dual channel memory area - KHX8500AD2K2/4G 4GB DDR2 1066MHz Non-ECC CL7 7-7-7-20 1.85-2.0V ) click datasheet it will give you a pdf on other stuff im not sure with atm as its confusing. You'll see it easy enough in the dual channel its the only one that shows 7-7-7-20 timings.

Reason why its confusing @ the memory part is that Gigabyte said its surported but in there bios which is updated , the (CL) setting dont go to 7 only 6!.
So im @ 6-6-6-18 ATM. @1.8V (default)

Operating -Windows Vista Home Basic x32 ] (Dual
System -Windows 7 x64 Beta build 7000] Boot) <---- This OS is for the overclocking (vista is for when windows 7 beta runs out @ august!)

Mouse- Razer Engine - Habu Mouse

Keyboard- Technika>

Cooling Setup- All cables strapped to the HD/CD Racks to be out of the way for "AIR FLOW CONTROL",
1) Artic Cooler Xtreme Freezer 900-2500rpm (keeps cpu @ 15c idle and 35c max load.
2) 120mm Fan controlled Front Blower @ 2500RPM
3) PSU 120mm Fan @ 2500rpm (System temp @ 20c and maxs @ 33c.)
4) 1 Back Extractor Fan @ 2500rpm
5) 1 Side case Fan @ Burst mode controlled Extractor as its placed to the right hand side of the cpu coolerfor extra air removal as bk fan is @ the left.
6) 8800GTS Blower Fan set by Ntune proberties to a Constant 100% @ 2800rpm+ (temp 40c max @ 44c)

Bio's F4a- Settings @ Optimised Defaults. (ctrl+f1 For hidden bios , to make sure you know what i mean)

Bios M.I.T Settings are @ optimised settings-

But this is the settings for those who dont no what i mean.

RG-booster @ auto
Cpu clock ratio @ 12x
Cpu Freq @ 200
Cpu host clock control @ Enabled
PCI-E Freq(MHZ) @ 100mhz
C.I.A.2 @ Disabled
Performance Enhance@ Turbo
Sys memory multipier@ AUTO
Memory Freq @ 800

Dram Timing selectable (SPD) @ AUTO

System Voltage Manual

1) DDR2/DDR3 overvoltage control (normal)
2) Pci-E overvoltage control (normal)
3)FSB overvoltage control (normal)
4) (G)MCH overvoltage control (normal)
5) CPU Voltage Control (normal)
6) Normal CPU Vcore ~ 1.325V = normal setting btw.

If theres anything else i need to add let me know. Now let the advice from the arts of the oc masters begin ^^

BenSheriff

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Scotteq - Admin has been informed of you're rude'ness to me, i dont take kindly to people who claim what they know, you don't know me. So how you know whats - what. If you like a webcam show with me in the wheelchair using microsoft reg speech to chat in tomsHW forum, then thats fine just to sort you're rudeness,

See people like you...

Anyways imagine how you feel right now, with a brain injury , Using a neural activator , a pc-360 controller and talking in a microphone that messes the sentences taking atleast 30mins to post a short message and having , people on tomHW laughing cause they cant understand you're messages, or sentencs.

So what if i got problems , so do everyone just trying to overclock with bit of help and respect would be nice as its a problem ill be'able to sort unlike the my injury.

Honorary poster bah can't wait till that changes to stranger ,.

MaDMagik

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
Funny enough in posts where you dont mention your disability its hard to find any misspellings. I believe that all you try to accomplish is to have your profile go up quickly, so you post this "i cant read a guide" bollocks, and other generally pointless threads. Surely if you can read somebodys message than you can read a guide?

"Honoraray poster bah cant wait till that changes to stranger" - thats just pathetic, and kinda proves my theory in what youre after