Pre-built systems that can overclock?

washington123

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
Hey guys,
I wanted to get a pre-built system with an intel 2160 processor and overclock it. Dell has good prices, but I know you can't overclock their systems in terms of the CPU. Do you know where I can buy cheap pre-built systems that have all the stuff in them, like HD, ram, processor etc, AND will let you overclock the cpu? Thanks, I don't know how to build a system nor have the time. thanks again.

monst0r

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2007
Honestly, it won't be safe if you don't know the basics of building a PC. You should look at Dell's XPS line, I think they have some pre-overclocked models (for a price, though)..

aeiouandxyz

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
^^ Agreed. If you don't know how to build a computer it's a bad idea to overclock especially with dell hardware. Learn to build a computer and know what parts you have in your rig so you can overclock but not burn out your hardware.

washington123

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
overclocking is not rocket science. Building a system is not either, but it takes time. Can any of you guys answer the question though?

smalltime0

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
If you get one from your local PC store they usually are overclockable...
But somebody without the basic understanding of PC hardware I warn against such an action (especially since alot of pre-built systems have cheap PSUs Motherboards RAm etc.).