Finalized Ordered Build. $1280. Software?

Psymonx

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2008
ASUS RAMPAGE FORMULA LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W
Antec Nine Hundred Black
Tuniq Tower 120 Cooler
PC Power & Cooling S75QB EPS12V 750W
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 1066 W/ Corsair cooling solution.
MSI NX8800GTS 512M OC GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB W/ Free Game & $30 M.I.R.
Western Digital Raptor WD740ADFD 74GB X 2 (SALVAGED FROM MY LAST BUILD COST=0)

I planned on Lapping the Tuniq Cooler, as benches have clearly shown noticeable results on a very consistant basis.

I've ordered Vista 64 Bit DISC for Vista Home Premium, as I already owned 32bit copy, and only need to pay shipping MY QUESTION IS THIS... Anyone know of any significant Bios / Driver issues that this system MAY arise? I planned on Dual booting 64Bit and 32Bit. When Installing RAM with 64 Bit Vista, I need to only put 1 stick of Ram in first right? Install the second, and then ??? Update Windows??? I remember reading something about this, and don't want to need to be hunting around for info while my parts are layed around my work bench. I'm doing Raid 0, should I partition 2 Parts for this, A system disk for both, and then a general partition. Would 3 Partitons be ideal? Give me some HELP!!

Nice PSU choice. Let us know how you make out with your build and it's performance.

I would only try the 1 stick of RAM install after the 32bit Vista install might have failed using 4GB.

For software recommendations see what the guys @ HardwareLogic recommend Also checkout the link to MajorGeeks.

Before you open the PSU box see if you can determine it has the newer 8pin (6+2) PCI-e connector. The NewEgg site still shows 4x6pin but the PC Power & Cooling website shows two 6-pin PCI-E,and two 6/8-pin PCI-E.

Hopefully NewEgg's turn over is high enough you'll get the newer version right off the bat. There was also an installation note on the PC Cooling website:
"* To install the 6/8-pin power connector of your Silencer 750 Quad into an NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2 card, start with the 2-pin breakaway connector first and then insert the 6-pin connector."

Yes install 1 or 2GB then install Vista then update and then put the rest of the RAM in. Remember to up the DDR2 RAM voltage.