Sign in with
Your question

Does the optional fan of Rampage Formula works with Thermalright Ultra

Last response: in Motherboards
June 24, 2008 12:37:42 PM

The Asus Rampage Formula motherboard comes with an optional fan. The manual says "The optional fan is designed to provide airflow over the CPU power modules and chipset area when water-cooling or passive-cooling is utilized.

Does that mean that I can use this fan with Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme heat sink?

Your help is greatly appreciated
June 24, 2008 12:59:13 PM

Rampage Formula w/ TRUE see for yourself if there's enough room

This is my system and there seems to be enough room if you want to try to use it although you don't need it.
June 24, 2008 1:08:19 PM

ausch30, thank you for the quick reply.
I'm not worried about if there is enough room for the heat sink and the fan but if I can use the fan that comes with the motherboard instead of buying another fan? Since Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme doesn't come with a fan, my question is if I can use the fan that comes with the Asus Rampage Formula motherboard or I have to buy a specially required fan?

By the way what kind of case and PSU are you using?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 24, 2008 1:20:01 PM

Cooler Master Stacker RC832
Thermaltake Toughpower 750

The included fan is designed to cool the built in heat sinks not a CPU cooler so unless you have a very low power CPU and are planning on keeping it running at stock then you will need a fan on the TRUE.
June 24, 2008 3:27:43 PM

Thanks ausch30. Are you happy with the Cooler Master Stacker RC832?
June 24, 2008 3:44:56 PM

Nice setup, very clean, Aush30. I've been thinking of trying the ASUS north bridge fan myself, as the north bridge runs rather hot and I suspect that the fan from the TRUE isn't providing enough of a breeze across it. I've seen a few people using after market fans just for this purpose, keeping the north bridge cool.
June 24, 2008 4:07:15 PM

sailer said:
Nice setup, very clean, Aush30. I've been thinking of trying the ASUS north bridge fan myself, as the north bridge runs rather hot and I suspect that the fan from the TRUE isn't providing enough of a breeze across it. I've seen a few people using after market fans just for this purpose, keeping the north bridge cool.

I depends on your fans and their placement. I have a 63.7CFM S-Flex on my TRUE and behind it as the rear exhaust fan so I get a lot of air movement.
!