See My Grey Hair!

Last response: in Video Games
May 7, 2005 5:02:53 AM

Yep, I uploaded a couple of shots of me taken in
the last couple of weeks. Head shots only, though-
sorry! I like the sunset pic- I appear blonde! LOL

http://rossandmiracle.homestead.com/Me.html

--
>^,,^< Auntie Em

More about : grey hair

Anonymous
May 7, 2005 5:55:27 PM

"Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Yep, I uploaded a couple of shots of me taken in
> the last couple of weeks. Head shots only, though-
> sorry! I like the sunset pic- I appear blonde! LOL
>
> http://rossandmiracle.homestead.com/Me.html
>
> --
> >^,,^< Auntie Em

*Laughs* I've got longer hair than you do right now.....
May 8, 2005 1:43:43 AM

On Sat, 7 May 2005 16:38:15 -0500, "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com>
wrote:

[clip]

>Actually, that is just the top of her head, and I think the majority of her
>hair is going down her back in the pony tail. My own hair is rather long
>again. I just decided I would go for one last hippy fling and let my hair
>grow.
>
>Here was my previous look:
>http://quixote.sandlewoodtx.net/before.jpg
>
>Here is more recent, with grandson number two:
>http://quixote.sandlewoodtx.net/after.jpg

That's a drastic overall image change, Q!

I've gone from long hair to bald to mohawk to buzz to anything in
between. It's always amusing to see how people react to various types
of hair.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
May 8, 2005 2:53:04 AM

On Sat, 7 May 2005 16:38:15 -0500, Quixote wrote:

> Actually, that is just the top of her head, and I think the majority of her
> hair is going down her back in the pony tail. My own hair is rather long
> again. I just decided I would go for one last hippy fling and let my hair
> grow.
>
> Here was my previous look:
> http://quixote.sandlewoodtx.net/before.jpg
>
> Here is more recent, with grandson number two:
> http://quixote.sandlewoodtx.net/after.jpg
>
> Quixote

Wtf?? The anklebiter's got a smile on his face? Wind, or was he laughing
at you?

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)

"Mr K" <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 7 May 2005 16:38:15 -0500, Quixote wrote:
>
>> Actually, that is just the top of her head, and I think the majority of
>> her
>> hair is going down her back in the pony tail. My own hair is rather long
>> again. I just decided I would go for one last hippy fling and let my
>> hair
>> grow.
>>
>> Here was my previous look:
>> http://quixote.sandlewoodtx.net/before.jpg
>>
>> Here is more recent, with grandson number two:
>> http://quixote.sandlewoodtx.net/after.jpg
>>
>> Quixote
>
> Wtf?? The anklebiter's got a smile on his face? Wind, or was he laughing
> at you?

Wtf? He was sitting with his favorite person in the world!! :^)

Quixote
Anonymous
May 8, 2005 3:20:25 AM

"Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:427c13bd$1_1
@galaxy.uncensored-news.com:

> http://rossandmiracle.homestead.com/Me.html

Check out those eyelashes! My heart's a-pounding!
Anonymous
May 8, 2005 1:41:40 PM

Quixote wrote:
> My own hair is
> rather long again. I just decided I would go for one last hippy
> fling and let my hair grow.
>
> Here was my previous look:
> http://quixote.sandlewoodtx.net/before.jpg

That's the one I remember!

> Here is more recent, with grandson number two:
> http://quixote.sandlewoodtx.net/after.jpg

Wow! You look so much younger with long hair!!!!!
That's pretty amazing. You really look good with long
hair. A lot of fellows don't.
Ross refuses to grow his out again. :(

--
>^,,^< Miracle

May 8, 2005 1:54:06 PM

ScratchMonkey wrote:
> "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:427c13bd$1_1
> @galaxy.uncensored-news.com:
>
>> http://rossandmiracle.homestead.com/Me.html
>
> Check out those eyelashes! My heart's a-pounding!

<blush> My late brother and I were both blessed
with very long eyelashes. David's were better looking than
mine- his were also real thick, while mine are a bit sparse.
When I put on mascara, folks think I have on false lashes.

Of course, those are the same ditzo women who ask me
"Are those *your* fingernails?!?" when I've let them grow.
Too many women with fake parts out there, if you ask me.

--
>^,,^< Miracle

May 8, 2005 3:09:25 PM

On Sat, 7 May 2005 19:15:36 -0500, Quixote wrote:

> Wtf? He was sitting with his favorite person in the world!! :^)
>
> Quixote

Can he talk yet?

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
May 9, 2005 1:43:42 AM

"Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Yep, I uploaded a couple of shots of me taken in
> the last couple of weeks. Head shots only, though-
> sorry! I like the sunset pic- I appear blonde! LOL
>
> http://rossandmiracle.homestead.com/Me.html
>
> --
>>^,,^< Auntie Em

Have you ever seen "Tremors"?

I have the strange and undoubtedley faulty notion that you live in an area
just as the film was set in.
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 2:20:51 AM

"Schrodinger" <no@1way.com> wrote in message

> "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> Yep, I uploaded a couple of shots of me taken in
>> the last couple of weeks. Head shots only, though-
>> sorry! I like the sunset pic- I appear blonde! LOL
>>
>> http://rossandmiracle.homestead.com/Me.html
>>
>> --
>>>^,,^< Auntie Em
>>

> Have you ever seen "Tremors"?
>
> I have the strange and undoubtedley faulty notion that you live in an area
> just as the film was set in.

The middle of nowhere?
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 5:45:33 AM

> On Sat, 7 May 2005 19:15:36 -0500, Quixote wrote:
>
>> Wtf? He was sitting with his favorite person in the world!! :^)
>>
>> Quixote
>
> Can he talk yet?

Not talking yet, he was only about 3 months in that pic, and is now around 8
months. He is just a big boy. His dad is about 6' 7" and he has been
playing catch up since he was born. Funny thing is, his mother, my
daughter, is a little slip of a girl at about 5' 2".

Quixote
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 9:13:49 AM

Schrodinger wrote:
> Have you ever seen "Tremors"?
>
> I have the strange and undoubtedley faulty notion that you live in an
> area just as the film was set in.

Oh, there's lots of places around here that look exactly
like the landscape in the film! There's so much filming going
on year-round that it's highly likely some of it was filmed
in this area.

--
>^,,^< Miracle

May 9, 2005 9:14:55 AM

Adrian Ng wrote:
> "Schrodinger" <no@1way.com> wrote...
>> Have you ever seen "Tremors"?
>>
>> I have the strange and undoubtedley faulty notion that you live in
>> an area just as the film was set in.
>
> The middle of nowhere?

You got it, Ace. That's where I am. :)

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle

May 9, 2005 11:19:34 AM

On Mon, 9 May 2005 01:45:33 -0500, "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com>
wrote:

>"Mr K" <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 7 May 2005 19:15:36 -0500, Quixote wrote:
>>
>>> Wtf? He was sitting with his favorite person in the world!! :^)
>>>
>>> Quixote
>>
>> Can he talk yet?
>>

>Not talking yet, he was only about 3 months in that pic, and is now around 8
>months. He is just a big boy. His dad is about 6' 7" and he has been
>playing catch up since he was born. Funny thing is, his mother, my
>daughter, is a little slip of a girl at about 5' 2".

My wife and I are both sub-par height wise for our families. Both our
dad's are over 6'2. My brothers and sisters are tall. I got the runt
gene and top out at 5'9"

But our oldest daughter shows signs of carrying on the family
traditions of tall people.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
May 9, 2005 11:20:10 AM

On 9 May 2005 05:14:55 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>Adrian Ng wrote:
>> "Schrodinger" <no@1way.com> wrote...
>>> Have you ever seen "Tremors"?
>>>
>>> I have the strange and undoubtedley faulty notion that you live in
>>> an area just as the film was set in.
>>
>> The middle of nowhere?
>
> You got it, Ace. That's where I am. :)

Yeah, but even nowhere is somewhere with Miracle!

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
Anonymous

Smeghead wrote:
> On Mon, 9 May 2005 01:45:33 -0500, "Quixote" wrote:
>> Not talking yet, he was only about 3 months in that pic, and is now
>> around 8 months. He is just a big boy. His dad is about 6' 7" and
>> he has been playing catch up since he was born. Funny thing is, his
>> mother, my daughter, is a little slip of a girl at about 5' 2".
>
> My wife and I are both sub-par height wise for our families. Both our
> dad's are over 6'2. My brothers and sisters are tall. I got the runt
> gene and top out at 5'9"
>
> But our oldest daughter shows signs of carrying on the family
> traditions of tall people.

I'm the runt of the family, too. My brother was taller than my
6' 4" father, but I'm barely 5' 4". And shrinking! LOL

--
>^,,^< Miracle

May 10, 2005 10:30:11 AM

Smeghead wrote:
> On 9 May 2005 05:14:55 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Adrian Ng wrote:
>>> "Schrodinger" <no@1way.com> wrote...

>>> The middle of nowhere?
>>
>> You got it, Ace. That's where I am. :)
>
> Yeah, but even nowhere is somewhere with Miracle!

You might have a point.........LOL

I heard something on the news today that sent me into
one of my infamous rants. Had me swearing and cussing all
afternoon and evening. You can bet I'll be firing off another
"Letter to the Editor" soon.
Watch your news Tuesday and see if the lame-ass state of
Arizona makes the news. I'll betcha a dollar we make the NBC
Nightly News again. The tag line will be something along the line
of "Illegal Aliens in Arizona Make a Point".
*I'll* give 'em a point- I'll stick a red-hot poker up their ass
and give 'em directions home. All of this bullshit because the state
wants PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP to get a damn driver's license!!

~*ARGH!!!!*~

Oh, don't get me started.......................

--
>^,,^< Miracle

"Vivendi's approach is like a scientist trying to figure out what makes
a cat purr by jamming a scalpel into its neck, then wondering why the
purring has stopped." -- Smeghead

May 10, 2005 11:04:53 AM

On 10 May 2005 06:11:32 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>Smeghead wrote:
>> On Mon, 9 May 2005 01:45:33 -0500, "Quixote" wrote:
>>> Not talking yet, he was only about 3 months in that pic, and is now
>>> around 8 months. He is just a big boy. His dad is about 6' 7" and
>>> he has been playing catch up since he was born. Funny thing is, his
>>> mother, my daughter, is a little slip of a girl at about 5' 2".
>>
>> My wife and I are both sub-par height wise for our families. Both our
>> dad's are over 6'2. My brothers and sisters are tall. I got the runt
>> gene and top out at 5'9"
>>
>> But our oldest daughter shows signs of carrying on the family
>> traditions of tall people.
>
> I'm the runt of the family, too. My brother was taller than my
>6' 4" father, but I'm barely 5' 4". And shrinking! LOL

SHORT PEOPLE OF THE WORLD, STAND UP! Oh, you are. Sorry.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
"Forgive me father, I did an original sin,

On 10 May 2005 06:30:11 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>Smeghead wrote:
>> On 9 May 2005 05:14:55 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
>> wrote:

>>> You got it, Ace. That's where I am. :)
>>
>> Yeah, but even nowhere is somewhere with Miracle!
>
> You might have a point.........LOL
>
> I heard something on the news today that sent me into
>one of my infamous rants. Had me swearing and cussing all
>afternoon and evening. You can bet I'll be firing off another
>"Letter to the Editor" soon.
> Watch your news Tuesday and see if the lame-ass state of
>Arizona makes the news. I'll betcha a dollar we make the NBC
>Nightly News again. The tag line will be something along the line
>of "Illegal Aliens in Arizona Make a Point".
> *I'll* give 'em a point- I'll stick a red-hot poker up their ass
>and give 'em directions home. All of this bullshit because the state
>wants PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP to get a damn driver's license!!
>
> ~*ARGH!!!!*~
>
> Oh, don't get me started.......................

Rant on!

This particular topic is a point of irritation with me too.

Here's a simple litmus test that I use. You'd think it would be common
sense, but it isn't...

Reverse a situation and see how it fits. Is it equitable? Does it feel
right and fair? If not, then it probably isn't.

Would I be able to go to Mexico City and demand a drivers license?
Avail myself of their public school system, then bitch because the
curriculum isn't in English? Could I, although declaring Mexico my new
"home", refuse to blend and make myself part of the community? Or
would I be wrong to wave the US colors, play Guns 'n' Roses loudly
from my car while driving through town refusing to communicate in the
common tongue?

If it doesn't feel fair when reversed, then it is not.

What if there were a WET channel? Would White Entertainment Television
fly?

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
"Forgive me father, I did an original sin,
I poked a badger with a spoon" - E.Izzard
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 7:09:55 PM

Miracle Smith's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> I heard something on the news today that sent me into
> one of my infamous rants. Had me swearing and cussing all
> afternoon and evening. You can bet I'll be firing off another
> "Letter to the Editor" soon.
> Watch your news Tuesday and see if the lame-ass state of
> Arizona makes the news. I'll betcha a dollar we make the NBC
> Nightly News again. The tag line will be something along the line
> of "Illegal Aliens in Arizona Make a Point".
> *I'll* give 'em a point- I'll stick a red-hot poker up their ass
> and give 'em directions home. All of this bullshit because the state
> wants PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP to get a damn driver's license!!
> ~*ARGH!!!!*~
> Oh, don't get me started.......................

I'm with you Mir. I don't think its a problem to show you should legally
be in the US. Why should we have to support and help people who don't do
anything in return (pay taxes, etc). The only possible time that I can see
as an exception would be for someone that lives in the US legally but has
another citizenship, but they should still show proof they legally belong
in this country. Reason I say that is I know people that have moved to the
US, live here legally, and plan on staying but don't have US citizenship
status yet (yet being the operative word). While things are different now
reguarding citizenship, especially after Clinton, it still takes a while
to get citizenship.

Another thing that pisses me off is that many immigrants don't bother
learning English and expect us to speak their language. Its supposed to be
that when you move to another country, you beccome part of that society,
taking on its traits. I mean, if I were to move to Mexico or some place,
would they cater to me?
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 7:51:16 PM

"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On 10 May 2005 06:30:11 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Smeghead wrote:

>>> Yeah, but even nowhere is somewhere with Miracle!
>>
>> You might have a point.........LOL
>>
>> I heard something on the news today that sent me into
>>one of my infamous rants. Had me swearing and cussing all
>>afternoon and evening. You can bet I'll be firing off another
>>"Letter to the Editor" soon.
>> Watch your news Tuesday and see if the lame-ass state of
>>Arizona makes the news. I'll betcha a dollar we make the NBC
>>Nightly News again. The tag line will be something along the line
>>of "Illegal Aliens in Arizona Make a Point".
>> *I'll* give 'em a point- I'll stick a red-hot poker up their ass
>>and give 'em directions home. All of this bullshit because the state
>>wants PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP to get a damn driver's license!!
>>
>> ~*ARGH!!!!*~
>>
>> Oh, don't get me started.......................
>
> Rant on!
>
> This particular topic is a point of irritation with me too.
>
> Here's a simple litmus test that I use. You'd think it would be common
> sense, but it isn't...
>
> Reverse a situation and see how it fits. Is it equitable? Does it feel
> right and fair? If not, then it probably isn't.
>
> Would I be able to go to Mexico City and demand a drivers license?
> Avail myself of their public school system, then bitch because the
> curriculum isn't in English? Could I, although declaring Mexico my new
> "home", refuse to blend and make myself part of the community? Or
> would I be wrong to wave the US colors, play Guns 'n' Roses loudly
> from my car while driving through town refusing to communicate in the
> common tongue?
>
> If it doesn't feel fair when reversed, then it is not.
>
> What if there were a WET channel? Would White Entertainment Television
> fly?

Here is a factor of that people don't often see but I see it every day.
Here in south Texas the hospital system is full of people who come over the
border for health care on our tab. It happens more so with children than
adults. I am talking acute care issues with hospital costs that go into the
hundreds of thousands of dollars per patient. I would not deny them access
to health care but I see many US citizens going without needed preventative
care and even more dire issues because of the expenses of health care while
non-citizens get a totally free ride. They do have hospitals in Mexico
don't they?

Quixote
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 11:56:28 PM

On Tue, 10 May 2005 18:47:51 GMT, Hellmark wrote:

> Even more reason why they should learn it

English is also not an easy language to learn.

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 11:56:29 PM

Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote in news:428104b0$0$300
$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com:

> English is also not an easy language to learn.

And yet that wouldn't make a good bozo filter.

I've always felt that people born in the US shouldn't get automatic
citizenship. They should have to jump through the same hoops that
immigrants do.
May 10, 2005 11:56:29 PM

On Tue, 10 May 2005 19:56:28 +0100, Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 10 May 2005 18:47:51 GMT, Hellmark wrote:
>
>> Even more reason why they should learn it
>
>English is also not an easy language to learn.

Once you learn all the crazy I's before E's and contradictory spelling
"rules", it's gravy!

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
"Forgive me father, I did an original sin,
I poked a badger with a spoon" - E.Izzard
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 12:00:05 AM

Mr K's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> On Tue, 10 May 2005 18:47:51 GMT, Hellmark wrote:
>> Even more reason why they should learn it
> English is also not an easy language to learn.

But to not even attempt it?
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 4:17:58 AM

Quixote's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> Here is a factor of that people don't often see but I see it every day.
> Here in south Texas the hospital system is full of people who come over the
> border for health care on our tab. It happens more so with children than
> adults. I am talking acute care issues with hospital costs that go into the
> hundreds of thousands of dollars per patient. I would not deny them access
> to health care but I see many US citizens going without needed preventative
> care and even more dire issues because of the expenses of health care while
> non-citizens get a totally free ride. They do have hospitals in Mexico
> don't they?

Also, when its convienent to the government they make it easy to give
citizenship and bonuses to others. Back in '96 when Clinton was going for
re-election, he had people setup at some of the refugee camps in Florida,
making people citizens in exchange for registering to vote as a democrat.
Bush was wanting to do something similar to give all illegal immigrants
from Mexico legal status to appease Fox. Plus when someone becomes a
citizen they are entitled to a lot of government aid to buy a house, etc.
Not too long ago it was a lot harder. Friend of mine fled from
Czechoslovakia when the local communist party head was trying to kill him.
Once he came here, he signed up in the army and fought in Vietnam. Even
with trying to seek political asylum, and serving in the military, it was
7 years before he was even allowed to take the citizenship test. Also,
back then the test was only in english.
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 11:04:29 AM

Mr K wrote:
> On 11 May 2005 06:09:47 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:
>
>> The Italian immigranats learned it. The Russian immigrants
>> learned it. The German immigrants learned it. The Irish and Welsh
>> immigrants
>> learned it. Everyone who immigrated here from across the Atlantic
>> or Pacific has managed to learn it.
>
> Varying levels of broken English, mind.

Ah, that's fine. It's the effort behind it that matters. Other
immigrants wanted to *belong*. It used to be that they were proud
to become American citizens. Nowadays they only want to work
here and send the money back to Mexico.

When I was about 17, I met my first "Brooklynite". Born and
raised in Brooklyn, New York and she was much older than I was.
I couldn't understand a word she said! Her accent was so thick
and foreign to me that I honestly had to ask her to repeat herself
several times in order to understand her at all.

So I wouldn't mind broken English at all. In fact, I find accents
very appealing, unless the person speaks French. LOL
That's a "chef joke", by the way, not a dig at Fabrice.

Oh lord, I'm in an odd mood tonight. Must be a phase of the moon.....

Well, hie yourself to work and I'll "see" you later. :)

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle

May 11, 2005 11:39:12 AM

On Tue, 10 May 2005 16:55:51 -0500, Smeghead wrote:

> Once you learn all the crazy I's before E's and contradictory spelling
> "rules", it's gravy!

Also, there is sentence structure to master.
There is sentence structure to also master.
There is sentence structure to master also.
Is there sentence structure to also master?
Isn't there sentence structure to master also?

Trust me, it's not an easy language to learn. I'm only pretty clear with
it because I've spoken it all my life.

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
May 11, 2005 9:46:06 PM

On Wed, 11 May 2005 07:39:12 +0100, Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 10 May 2005 16:55:51 -0500, Smeghead wrote:
>
>> Once you learn all the crazy I's before E's and contradictory spelling
>> "rules", it's gravy!
>
>Also, there is sentence structure to master.
>There is sentence structure to also master.
>There is sentence structure to master also.
>Is there sentence structure to also master?
>Isn't there sentence structure to master also?
>
>Trust me, it's not an easy language to learn. I'm only pretty clear with
>it because I've spoken it all my life.

Begun, this Clone War, has.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
"Forgive me father, I did an original sin,
I poked a badger with a spoon" - E.Izzard
May 11, 2005 9:56:02 PM

On 11 May 2005 07:04:29 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>Mr K wrote:
>> On 11 May 2005 06:09:47 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:
>>
>>> The Italian immigranats learned it. The Russian immigrants
>>> learned it. The German immigrants learned it. The Irish and Welsh
>>> immigrants
>>> learned it. Everyone who immigrated here from across the Atlantic
>>> or Pacific has managed to learn it.
>>
>> Varying levels of broken English, mind.
>
> Ah, that's fine. It's the effort behind it that matters. Other
>immigrants wanted to *belong*. It used to be that they were proud
>to become American citizens. Nowadays they only want to work
>here and send the money back to Mexico.
>
> When I was about 17, I met my first "Brooklynite". Born and
>raised in Brooklyn, New York and she was much older than I was.
> I couldn't understand a word she said! Her accent was so thick
>and foreign to me that I honestly had to ask her to repeat herself
>several times in order to understand her at all.

If I move to Italy, betcherass I'm going to learn Italian. It only
makes sense. I'm not going to demand the local peoples speak
American-English. Scusi! In inglese, per favore!

> So I wouldn't mind broken English at all. In fact, I find accents
>very appealing, unless the person speaks French. LOL
> That's a "chef joke", by the way, not a dig at Fabrice.

Fabrice is cool. Where has he been lately?

> Oh lord, I'm in an odd mood tonight. Must be a phase of the moon.....
>
> Well, hie yourself to work and I'll "see" you later. :)

Enjoy your lycanthropic desert romp!

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
"Forgive me father, I did an original sin,
I poked a badger with a spoon" - E.Izzard
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 10:15:34 PM

On 11 May 2005 07:04:29 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:

> Ah, that's fine. It's the effort behind it that matters. Other
> immigrants wanted to *belong*. It used to be that they were proud
> to become American citizens. Nowadays they only want to work
> here and send the money back to Mexico.

Fair comment. I know that other nations appreciate the effort we make in
trying to speak their language too.

> When I was about 17, I met my first "Brooklynite". Born and
> raised in Brooklyn, New York and she was much older than I was.
> I couldn't understand a word she said! Her accent was so thick
> and foreign to me that I honestly had to ask her to repeat herself
> several times in order to understand her at all.
>
> So I wouldn't mind broken English at all. In fact, I find accents
> very appealing, unless the person speaks French. LOL
> That's a "chef joke", by the way, not a dig at Fabrice.
>
> Oh lord, I'm in an odd mood tonight. Must be a phase of the moon.....

Any excuse to be chained to a tree, hmm?

> Well, hie yourself to work and I'll "see" you later. :)

Not if I si'thi fust.

Nice to see you're adjusting to the timezone thingy, btw. :)

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 3:00:02 AM

Mr K wrote:
> On Tue, 10 May 2005 18:47:51 GMT, Hellmark wrote:
>
>>Even more reason why they should learn it
>
> English is also not an easy language to learn.

We had a number of posters in the back of the office, which contained
'quotes' that were, IMHO, funny. FWIW, the immigrants who work there
found it amusing also, and I think one of them actually put them up.
Roughly translated, things like:

"If I knew I'd get assigned a house in a *bad* neighbourhood, I'd never
have moved here"

"Believe me, Dutch isn't a language you simply learn in 25 years..."

"Integration is for fags!"

"On Aruba you don't have to buy a ticket for the train either." (for the
record, you actually do)

"How can I feel safe, when my own son is carrying a weapon?"

--
Frank
Anonymous

On Wed, 11 May 2005 23:00:02 +0200, Frank van Schie wrote:

> We had a number of posters in the back of the office, which contained
> 'quotes' that were, IMHO, funny. FWIW, the immigrants who work there
> found it amusing also, and I think one of them actually put them up.
> Roughly translated, things like:
>
> "If I knew I'd get assigned a house in a *bad* neighbourhood, I'd never
> have moved here"

Research first, young padewan.

> "Believe me, Dutch isn't a language you simply learn in 25 years..."

Dutch is a language??

> "Integration is for fags!"

I AGRE WIHT THIS POTS!!11

> "On Aruba you don't have to buy a ticket for the train either." (for the
> record, you actually do)

Live life on the edge.

> "How can I feel safe, when my own son is carrying a weapon?"

Feeling safes is a past-time best left... er...

--
"There's violence to be done."
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1(and a half)
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 9:42:53 AM

Mr K wrote:
> On 11 May 2005 07:04:29 GMT, Miracle Smith wrote:
>> Oh lord, I'm in an odd mood tonight. Must be a phase of the
>> moon.....
>
> Any excuse to be chained to a tree, hmm?

Is that a Druid joke? :o þ

>> Well, hie yourself to work and I'll "see" you later. :)
>
> Not if I si'thi fust.

You were supposed to say "Thanks for the warning!". Heh.

> Nice to see you're adjusting to the timezone thingy, btw. :)

It's sort of cool to imagine what you, Frank, and Shro might
be up to eight hours or so later than me. Who else is "across the
pond"? Anyone who would look nice in their underpants? And
no females, please...........

Yeah, it's *that* kind of evening.........

--
>^,,^< Miracle

May 12, 2005 10:02:18 AM

Smeghead wrote:
> "Miracle Smith" wrote:
>> I gotta stop- I'm evidently *not* out of steam for a rant.........
>
> Allow me to throw some petrol on that fire!
>
> How about the 1 BILLION dollars allocated to cover emergency medical
> bills that illegals wrack up while illegally being here?
>
> http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/dailystar/74372.php

Oh, you really, really don't want to get me started on this subject.
Just tonight there was a story on the news about Sierra Vista, AZ and
how much money the illegals have cost their very small little community
hospital. It's estimate was $600,00.00 for last year that they just had to
write off, and that is a very tiny hspital.

The article you linked to sums it up thusly:

"Two-thirds of the money will be distributed to health-care providers
based on a state's percentage of illegal immigrants. The remaining third
will go to providers in the six states with the largest number of arrests
of illegal immigrants.

Arizona has the largest number of apprehensions, Dickson said, which
helped it qualify for $45 million a year instead of the $40 million announced
when the Medicare bill was passed in 2003.

The other three states qualifying for the highest reimbursements this fiscal
year are California, $70.8 million; Texas, $46 million; and New York, $12.25
million."

--
>^,,^< Miracle

May 12, 2005 11:26:11 AM

On 12 May 2005 06:02:18 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>Smeghead wrote:
>> "Miracle Smith" wrote:
>>> I gotta stop- I'm evidently *not* out of steam for a rant.........
>>
>> Allow me to throw some petrol on that fire!
>>
>> How about the 1 BILLION dollars allocated to cover emergency medical
>> bills that illegals wrack up while illegally being here?
>>
>> http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/dailystar/74372.php
>

> Oh, you really, really don't want to get me started on this subject.
>Just tonight there was a story on the news about Sierra Vista, AZ and
>how much money the illegals have cost their very small little community
>hospital. It's estimate was $600,00.00 for last year that they just had to
>write off, and that is a very tiny hspital.
>
> The article you linked to sums it up thusly:
>
> "Two-thirds of the money will be distributed to health-care providers
>based on a state's percentage of illegal immigrants. The remaining third
>will go to providers in the six states with the largest number of arrests
>of illegal immigrants.
>
> Arizona has the largest number of apprehensions, Dickson said, which
>helped it qualify for $45 million a year instead of the $40 million announced
>when the Medicare bill was passed in 2003.
>
> The other three states qualifying for the highest reimbursements this fiscal
>year are California, $70.8 million; Texas, $46 million; and New York, $12.25
>million."

Really makes me proud to turn over my income tax to the feds, you
know, knowing that it's being put to sensible use.

Roads.
Schools.
Uninsured Illegal Mexicans.

Let them boycott in protest. I'm sure what they spend in any given
community doesn't offset the cost to the community, since they pay no
taxes directly. Only sales taxes.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
Anonymous

> Uninsured Illegal Mexicans.

Why do you suppose the problem is limited to Mexico? We don't hear a lot
about Canadians doing this, although I wonder if the Canadians bitch about
Americans getting free medical care with their socialized system.

> Let them boycott in protest. I'm sure what they spend in any given
> community doesn't offset the cost to the community, since they pay no
> taxes directly. Only sales taxes.

Maybe get rid of property taxes and use only sales taxes to support local
community stuff. And eliminate state and federal dipping. Keep as much
stuff locally funded as possible and the state and federal taxes could drop
to nothing. The only "value" in their involvement is that it lets
busybodies in other communities tell you how to run your life.
May 13, 2005 1:02:52 AM

On Thu, 12 May 2005 13:30:00 -0500, ScratchMonkey
<scratchmonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote:

>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> Uninsured Illegal Mexicans.
>
>Why do you suppose the problem is limited to Mexico? We don't hear a lot
>about Canadians doing this, although I wonder if the Canadians bitch about
>Americans getting free medical care with their socialized system.

It's not limited to Mexico. The states that are receiving the
allocated billion are New York, a direct neighbor with Canada. And if
any Mexicans are sneaking in by way of New York state, it's a
brilliant plan that I'm sure no one is expecting. :)

Apparently, they're allocating the cash based on arrests of
immigrants. It's easy to assume someone with a thick accent and dark
skin is an illegal when making an arrest vs. someone who looks and
sounds like white America.

Unless they're some snobby-ass Quebecker, then they're easy to spot.
:)

Besides, even if Canada were to give all of America a free ride,
they'd only be happy to do so. It is the nature of a entitlement-rich
socialist country.

>> Let them boycott in protest. I'm sure what they spend in any given
>> community doesn't offset the cost to the community, since they pay no
>> taxes directly. Only sales taxes.
>
>Maybe get rid of property taxes and use only sales taxes to support local
>community stuff. And eliminate state and federal dipping. Keep as much
>stuff locally funded as possible and the state and federal taxes could drop
>to nothing. The only "value" in their involvement is that it lets
>busybodies in other communities tell you how to run your life.

I keep hearing grumblings and murmurings of a federal flat tax reform
based on goods bought and sold. Sounds good to me. I wonder how well
it would work. Some things sound great on paper (Socialist communism,
anyone?) but fark out in real life.

Call me selfish, but I like the idea of ownership and capitalism. But
I'm crazy like that.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
Anonymous

Mr K wrote:
> On Wed, 11 May 2005 23:00:02 +0200, Frank van Schie wrote:
>
>>"Believe me, Dutch isn't a language you simply learn in 25 years..."
>
> Dutch is a language??

Well, it's either a language or some kind of throat disease.

Either way, it can only be understood by those who speak Dutch.

If you actually think that English is difficult to learn, Dutch is a
veritable nightmare. Up until a few years ago, we even had two allowed
spellings for many words.

>>"On Aruba you don't have to buy a ticket for the train either." (for the
>>record, you actually do)
>
> Live life on the edge.

Of a cliff.

Then, when push comes to shove, you can take a flying leap.

>>"How can I feel safe, when my own son is carrying a weapon?"
>
> Feeling safes is a past-time best left... er...

To professionals, who know what they're doing, have proper material, and
a getaway vehicle on standby.
--
Frank
Anonymous

ScratchMonkey wrote:
> Why do you suppose the problem is limited to Mexico? We don't hear a
> lot about Canadians doing this, although I wonder if the Canadians
> bitch about Americans getting free medical care with their socialized
> system.

Did you know that's a misconception? Canadian health care
*isn't* free- folks up there pay hefty premiums through their payroll
taxes. That's one of Ross' gripes about American ideas about
Canada.
But he also admits that no one who needs major, super-expensive
surgeries like transplants goes without because they can't afford it.

Another cool thing Canada does is to tie auto insurance to the
yearly registration. It costs a freaking fortune every year when the
tag is due, but it eliminates uninsured motorists!

--
>^,,^< Miracle

May 13, 2005 8:44:57 PM

> Besides, even if Canada were to give all of America a free ride,
> they'd only be happy to do so. It is the nature of a entitlement-rich
> socialist country.

You mean like the US? ;)

> I keep hearing grumblings and murmurings of a federal flat tax reform
> based on goods bought and sold. Sounds good to me. I wonder how well
> it would work. Some things sound great on paper (Socialist communism,
> anyone?) but fark out in real life.

Maybe Mr. K can sound off about VAT, the usual way that's implemented.
IIRC, it's usually a disaster of paperwork, and it forces companies to
rearrange themselves as huge vertically-integrated systems to avoid the VAT
imposed by outsourcing to another company. That means it really screws
small companies that could potentially bring a lot of innovation to the
table.

> Call me selfish, but I like the idea of ownership and capitalism. But
> I'm crazy like that.

Good, we can share the straight jacket. ;)
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 8:48:15 PM

"Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:42844568$1_5
@galaxy.uncensored-news.com:

> Did you know that's a misconception? Canadian health care
> *isn't* free- folks up there pay hefty premiums through their payroll
> taxes. That's one of Ross' gripes about American ideas about
> Canada.
> But he also admits that no one who needs major, super-expensive
> surgeries like transplants goes without because they can't afford it.

But can you opt-out and bypass the lines if you've acquired the price
independently? I thought that was the big drawback.

> Another cool thing Canada does is to tie auto insurance to the
> yearly registration. It costs a freaking fortune every year when the
> tag is due, but it eliminates uninsured motorists!

Sound good, if you can also buy your insurance outside the system. The big
problem with any government-supplied good is lock-in. The supplier doesn't
like competition and has the power to legislate the competitors out of
existence, killing innovation. That's why we spent most of a century with a
pretty primitive phone system.
May 13, 2005 9:05:53 PM

On Fri, 13 May 2005 16:44:57 -0500, ScratchMonkey
<scratchmonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote:

>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> Besides, even if Canada were to give all of America a free ride,
>> they'd only be happy to do so. It is the nature of a entitlement-rich
>> socialist country.
>
>You mean like the US? ;)

Unfortunately, yes.

>> I keep hearing grumblings and murmurings of a federal flat tax reform
>> based on goods bought and sold. Sounds good to me. I wonder how well
>> it would work. Some things sound great on paper (Socialist communism,
>> anyone?) but fark out in real life.
>
>Maybe Mr. K can sound off about VAT, the usual way that's implemented.
>IIRC, it's usually a disaster of paperwork, and it forces companies to
>rearrange themselves as huge vertically-integrated systems to avoid the VAT
>imposed by outsourcing to another company. That means it really screws
>small companies that could potentially bring a lot of innovation to the
>table.
>
>> Call me selfish, but I like the idea of ownership and capitalism. But
>> I'm crazy like that.
>
>Good, we can share the straight jacket. ;)

No. I own the strait jacket. However, I will time-share it with you
for a premium.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
Anonymous

Miracle Smith wrote:
> Did you know that's a misconception? Canadian health care
> *isn't* free- folks up there pay hefty premiums through their payroll
> taxes. That's one of Ross' gripes about American ideas about
> Canada.
> But he also admits that no one who needs major, super-expensive
> surgeries like transplants goes without because they can't afford it.

We Dutch pay about 30 euro's a month and get coverage on pretty much
anything except special branches of health care, like dental. Another
30-50 (I forget, something like this) is paid by our employers (or
unemployment income) as well.

> Another cool thing Canada does is to tie auto insurance to the
> yearly registration. It costs a freaking fortune every year when the
> tag is due, but it eliminates uninsured motorists!

Do y'all have mandatory car insurance, or is it voluntary like your
medical insurance?

--
Frank
Anonymous

"Frank van Schie" <frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote in message
> Miracle Smith wrote:
>> Did you know that's a misconception? Canadian health care
>> *isn't* free- folks up there pay hefty premiums through their payroll
>> taxes. That's one of Ross' gripes about American ideas about
>> Canada.
>> But he also admits that no one who needs major, super-expensive
>> surgeries like transplants goes without because they can't afford it.
>
> We Dutch pay about 30 euro's a month and get coverage on pretty much
> anything except special branches of health care, like dental. Another
> 30-50 (I forget, something like this) is paid by our employers (or
> unemployment income) as well.
>
>> Another cool thing Canada does is to tie auto insurance to the
>> yearly registration. It costs a freaking fortune every year when the
>> tag is due, but it eliminates uninsured motorists!
>
> Do y'all have mandatory car insurance, or is it voluntary like your
> medical insurance?

I think most, if not all, states now have a mandatory liability law where at
the minimum you must carry a certain amount of liability insurance.

Quixote
May 13, 2005 10:34:45 PM

On Fri, 13 May 2005 18:34:44 +0200, Frank van Schie
<frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote:

>Miracle Smith wrote:
>> Did you know that's a misconception? Canadian health care
>> *isn't* free- folks up there pay hefty premiums through their payroll
>> taxes. That's one of Ross' gripes about American ideas about
>> Canada.
>> But he also admits that no one who needs major, super-expensive
>> surgeries like transplants goes without because they can't afford it.
>
>We Dutch pay about 30 euro's a month and get coverage on pretty much
>anything except special branches of health care, like dental. Another
>30-50 (I forget, something like this) is paid by our employers (or
>unemployment income) as well.
>
>> Another cool thing Canada does is to tie auto insurance to the
>> yearly registration. It costs a freaking fortune every year when the
>> tag is due, but it eliminates uninsured motorists!
>
>Do y'all have mandatory car insurance, or is it voluntary like your
>medical insurance?

Supposed to be mandatory, but get hit by an illegal with a drivers
license and see how far that gets you. :)

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
Anonymous

Smeghead wrote:
>>Do y'all have mandatory car insurance, or is it voluntary like your
>>medical insurance?
>
> Supposed to be mandatory, but get hit by an illegal with a drivers
> license and see how far that gets you. :)

All vehicles are registered, any uninsured vehicles get pulled over and
a hefty fine.

Or is that not the general idea over there? :)
--
Frank
May 14, 2005 4:37:26 AM

On Sat, 14 May 2005 00:37:25 +0200, Frank van Schie
<frankNOSPAM@email.it> wrote:

>Smeghead wrote:
>>>Do y'all have mandatory car insurance, or is it voluntary like your
>>>medical insurance?
>>
>> Supposed to be mandatory, but get hit by an illegal with a drivers
>> license and see how far that gets you. :)
>
>All vehicles are registered, any uninsured vehicles get pulled over and
>a hefty fine.
>
>Or is that not the general idea over there? :)

Yeah. If a cop pulls you over with an expired registration or with no
proof of insurance, you can get fined. So, yeah, basically the same
thing.

However, that doesn't stop people from not keeping tags current or
even covering themselves with the minimum liability coverage as
required by law in most, if not all, states.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--
Anonymous

Frank van Schie wrote:
> Do y'all have mandatory car insurance, or is it voluntary like your
> medical insurance?

First, let me enjoy the giggle I'm getting by you actually
typing "y'all" correctly. I'll make a rue Southerner out of you
yet, but in the meantime you are an Honorary Southern Gentleman.
:o þ

By law we must have auto insurance in AZ. Unfortunately, some
folks drive without it until they have an accident. If you get stopped
for a traffic infraction, you must show proof of vehicle ownership and
proof of insurance. Plus you damn sure better have your driver's license
on you.
Here in Arizona, the fine for being caught with no auto insurance is
about $400.00 for the first offense.