Odd config between wired/wireless router and wired/wireless AP

qwertyCoder23

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
I have a wired/wireless router that is connected to my highspeed internet. Any computer that connects to this primary router gets online fine.
Now I have another wired/wireless router (both routers are belkin 54g routers btw). This second router is set as an access point to the primary router.

Heres where it gets fun. I have 3 computers A B and C.
computer A is hooked to primary router via ethernet and works fine.
computer B is wireless (belkin usb adapter) and can connect to either the primary router or the AP and can get online either way.
computer C is the problem. No wireless capabilities so I have it connected to the AP via ethernet. Sometimes I can get online with it but most of the time it wont browse.
I have set my config for comp C's lan connection to specify an alternate config and set a static IP, mask and gateway (tried both the primary router IP and the AP IP, both have worked before).

My question is why can computer B ping everything on the network, routers included, and can see comp C on the network places list, but comp C cant browse? what am I missing?

magruder13

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
Im no genius but i might have the solution, when useing a router as an AP, u cannot hook anything into it, and if your going to use it as a router, you need a switch or hub that branches out to each router WITH static ip's. Example: Internet into switch, port 1 out to router 1, port 2 to router 2, both have wireless and wired, and should work fine, other than that, u can only use an AP attached to a router, not a router on router.