Sign in with
Your question

Problem with pc

Last response: in Windows XP
August 29, 2010 7:47:00 PM

hello I have got siemens AMD athlon(tm) XP 2400+ 2.00 GHz.
I have been having problems with pc , when i turn pc on and goes onto internet it suddenly turns pc off this is been happening for last few day

More about : problem

August 29, 2010 7:53:18 PM

Is it shutting down when you open the browser, or when it connects to your network?

Can you do other tasks, such as open folders on the desktop, play music, or videos?

Do you see a quick blue screen flash before it shuts down?

Does it shut down and restart, or just shut down?
August 29, 2010 8:00:23 PM

when I connect to network sometimes when i start pc it goes straight into checking files it don't look good when i start up it flashes up with words fujtsu siemens then i goes gray then tales time to get to windows startup
Related resources
August 29, 2010 8:12:47 PM

Can you get to the desktop at all?
August 29, 2010 8:18:03 PM

yes it is strange when i get on internet it goes to page which you have choosen the within second it closes down after i have rebooted it is ok surely it would go off every time i get on internet
August 29, 2010 8:20:13 PM

Check the event viewer for errors.
start-->run-->eventvwr.msc-->look at the application and system logs for red X's
August 29, 2010 8:24:51 PM

just done it and it as come up with unable to complete the operation on 'Application' The interface is unknown that appears in all the items clicked
August 29, 2010 8:45:29 PM

might have a big problem here i just clicked on it and it said Windows XP Service Pack 3 installation fails with an error message, and the following error is logged in the service pack installation log: "8007F0F4 - STATUS_PREREQUISITE_FAILED
August 29, 2010 8:57:21 PM

Go into the control panel-->user accounts-->is yours listed as an administrator account?

Right click on my computer-->properties-->what SP does it say you have installed?
August 29, 2010 9:06:28 PM

it says i have service pack 3 when i downloaded it should i take off service pack 2 from add and remove i have just done a microsoft update and i have got 5 items to download last one is office xp service pack 3 but i have already got this
August 29, 2010 9:23:50 PM

Nope, no need to remove the previous SP.

If you can't get into the event viewer, the easiest thing to do, would be to try a different browser. It sounds like you only have the issue when you open the browser. If you're using Internet Explorer, try using Firefox.
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html
August 29, 2010 9:56:05 PM

download it but no difference
August 29, 2010 9:59:13 PM

You were able to install it ok? After you installed it, you double clicked on the Firefox browser, and it shut down again?

Tap F8 repeatedly on startup. Boot into safe mode with networking. Try using your browser there, and see if the problem still occurs.
August 29, 2010 10:48:14 PM

it as worked thanks for your help
August 29, 2010 11:23:28 PM

If it works in safe mode with networking, but not in normal windows, try running through the malware guide in my signature.
!