Your question

Fan Controller Help

Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Fan Controller
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
January 23, 2009 7:26:23 PM

Greetings all. I hope I am doing this in the right section.

I have been a lurker for years and have always enjoyed the help given on this site.

I am currently putting together a new machine including the Stacker 830, eVGA's new 1366 socket MB, and Thermalright 120 ultra heatsink.

My question is this:

For my Stacker I am planning on putting 8 of these fans into my case. I have a feeling this is going to be louder than what I want, so I am looking into fan controllers. I would prefer an internal, ran by software automagically fan controller that I set and forget that will control all of the fans in the case and my heatsink. If I cannot find an internal one, I would like a 5 1/4 bay (or a 2 slotter if I can find one) LCD display without the use of rheostats. A dual-setting (quiet & wind-tunnel) controller that really looks high tech.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help me out. :) 

-James

More about : fan controller

January 26, 2009 6:45:14 PM

Thank you for the reply.

I have never seen this device before, and this is exactly what I am looking for. Unfortunately I am unable to find the 8-channel extender for it. I would like to be able to have this run all 8 fans in my computer, and if I can swing an extra channel, have it also control my Thermalright Ultra heatsink as well. If I can get the extender for it then this will work beautifully.

Thank you again for all the help.

-James
m
l
!