Upon rebooting, after installation of a new firewall, I denied access to a
flurry of Windows access requests... until I could find out what they were.

I am now worried that some or many, may have had something to do with the
automatic Windows updates. Everything is working fine so far, but how can I
check to see that I haven't missed any updates. If access was blocked,
would they automatically be re-sent?

I am still trying to identify all the processes in my firewall log that I
have marked to "Ask".

Secondary, unrelated question, while cleaning up my system before this
installation, I found 9MB of files in the TEMP folder under my D&S, LOCAL
SETTINGS [lots of them application or app. extensions], are they SAFE to delete?

Thanks for any and all help...
bj

i have windows me and am trying to upgrade it to windows xp home edition
upgrade. I put the cd in and when it starts the installation it says, it cant
install because drive C: is corrupt and cant be repaired. What should I do?

mikedv <mikedv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>i have windows me and am trying to upgrade it to windows xp home edition
>upgrade. I put the cd in and when it starts the installation it says, it cant
>install because drive C: is corrupt and cant be repaired. What should I do?

Boot your computer with Windows Me and run SCANDISK. Do the thorough
test.

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

I tried that and it keeps saying that Scandisc has restarted 10 times because
windows or another program is writing to it and to quit other running
programs. But there are no other running programs.
thanks.

"Ron Martell" wrote:
> Boot your computer with Windows Me and run SCANDISK. Do the thorough
> test.
>
> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> --
> Microsoft MVP
> On-Line Help Computer Service
> http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

> http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Hi

To see the status of Windows Update - right click on My Computer and select
Properties>Automatic Updates.

Reboot your system to make sure that none of the files in the Temp folder
are being used, then the remaining ones can be deleted.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

Do it in safe mode or from a DOS boot disk ( www.bootdisk.com )

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

Will Denny wrote:
> Hi
>
> To see the status of Windows Update - right click on My Computer and select
> Properties>Automatic Updates.
>
> Reboot your system to make sure that none of the files in the Temp folder
> are being used, then the remaining ones can be deleted.

Thanks, Will, everything seems to be in order now! :)
bj