JPEG corrupt plugins...

AsgarothXc

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010
I've recovered some pictures from a formatted hard drive. Can't find programs that will recover the items correctly.

When opening the picture it says no preview, and an error says that there are corrupted plugins. JPEG's don't have plugins so I'm confused...

Still can't recover this picture even though the amount of data is still present: 3 MB...

Any ideas for this type of recovery?

AsgarothXc

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010
My findings lead me to believe that there is something wrong with the header, or the scan of the JPEG, but I can't find software that will work in trial or demo so far. If you know of one, or know of another method of resolving this issue, please let me know.

taylorsmith876

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
hello AsgarothXc, as you wrote that you have formatted your hard drive and now you want to recover your jpeg picture back. So easy solution for this problem is backup but in case you didn't have any backups then you have to use third party jpeg recovery software which can solve all problem related to jpeg file.
I also use the software for recovery of some data from storage card and succeeded in recovery. Try it, I hope it solve your problem and recover your pictures correctly.

Good Luck!