E8400 cant change the FSB at all!

G

I have a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P Mobo, coupled with 4GB of OCZ PC28500 Reaper HPC and a E8400.

I have been managing to overclock in the past, alright I did have a couple of problems when the mobo failed to boot on trialing it but got it running from 3ghz to 3.8ghz without too much hassle on about 1.35v vcore.

Now I have a problem that I cannot change the FSB at all, it allows me to edit it and it says that its done it, but wen i load windows vista (business) and go to my computer or run cpuz it just tells me that it is running at the standard 3ghz.

I have done some research on google and can find NOTHING about this issue from anyone else, does anyone out there with more experience than me have any idea as to why this may be happening?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Ben

BenSheriff

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Hi my name also ben , but thats why im not in the channel for that reason :p,

Anyways i have a GE-EP35c-ds3r board and it does this if you overclock and fail and dont load optimised defaults , after try this to see (remember to setup youre info again after)

Also if this dosent work do this turn pc on when it goes to post "hit the bk of youre case power switch leave for 3mins and turn bjk on,

If that dont work do this, load into windows gigabyte site get the bios update file and flash bios and upgrade.

Have you cleared cmos "look at manual and follow the directions for it"
Have you turned the droop settings off as when i load cpu on my med class rig, it shows me at the current fsb speed until i do something then it power up to max.

So make sure you turned them off. (also it can be unstable for overclocking if you leave the C1E, and the other halt ON"

Anyof these should hopefully fix youre error

Let us know if this fixes your problem and if so "remember to up me with a vote for graditude"

stanford7

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
Thanks for the reply, have tried the power for 3mins have cleared the cmos and adjusted the following settings on the mobo

1) disable CIA2
2) disable C1E
3) disable EIST
4) disable Virtualization Technology
5) disable CPUID
6) disable No-Execute Memory Protect
7) set PCI Express (PCI-e) frequency to 100 mhz

also have turned off USB Legacy Storage

updated bios, rolled back bios still nothing :( doing my head in now i did find a similar problem here http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-248967_11_0.html

Dont know what else to do.

Ben

stanford7

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
I have set it to run at 400mhz which brings me up to 3.6ghz it says its running at that in the bios, but when windows loads, its not running at that, also the start up screen only shows the processor running at 3ghz, its doing my head in now lol.

stanford7

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
No i am hitting F10 saving to bios and exiting, when I return to the bios it is still sitting in there saved, however wen i go to windows and run spu-z it is only running at the 333x9 :(

stanford7

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
right i rolled back to f9 bios and it started working again, so im going to leave it alone now, got 3.6ghz, which is a 20% improvement and im happy with, not gonna bother going for any higher! :p

stanford7

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007