New mobo that supports future Intel CPU

ronka

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2008
I am now building my first gaming PC, but my concern right now that it has to be future-proof, so all i have to do in the future is just to upgrade GPU, CPU and RAM.

My current choice is: GigaByte GA-EP35C-DS3R

It supports DDR2 as well DDR3 with six slots available
It has 1x PCI Express x16, i dont know if its 2.0 or just the older version, but i dont care chich version ( does it make any difference??)
And last it support Pentium Extreme Edition, Core 2 Duo, Core 2 Extreme, Core 2 Quad, Pentium Dual Core, Celeron 400 sequence

My concern is wether this mobo support Intel's future the 8-core CPU , which is called Nahalem if im not mistaken.
If you have a list or know a site with list of mobo that support the new CPU pls post.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
The 8 core Penryn won't be cheap enough for a good while. As said it's a completely different socket. It has an integrated memory controller. The 775 socket has been around for a while, it's not like they changed it in two years.

Get a Q6600 or Q9450 and hold onto it for a few years. By then the Nehalem 8 core will be cheap and the 16 core will be the one to have, and high speed DDR3 will be cheap.