XP keeps finding unwanted hardware to install

After starting the computer, XP "finds new printer hardware". It actually
finds 2 printers to install. I don't want to install either, and would like
XP to quit "finding" them for installation.
4 answers Last reply
More about finding unwanted hardware install

    "Wade" <Wade@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After starting the computer, XP "finds new printer hardware". It actually
    > finds 2 printers to install. I don't want to install either, and would
    > like
    > XP to quit "finding" them for installation.

    The New Hardware Wizard may detect the printer device after every restart of
    the computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298370

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.

    i have windows me and am trying to upgrade it to windows xp home edition
    upgrade. I put the cd in and when it starts the installation it says, it cant
    install because drive C: is corrupt and cant be repaired. What should I do?
    I tried that and it keeps saying that Scandisc has restarted 10 times because
    windows or another program is writing to the drive and to quit other running
    programs. But there are no other running programs.
    thanks.

    "mikedv" <mikedv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > i have windows me and am trying to upgrade it to windows xp home edition
    > upgrade. I put the cd in and when it starts the installation it says, it
    cant
    > install because drive C: is corrupt and cant be repaired. What should I
    do?
    > I tried that and it keeps saying that Scandisc has restarted 10 times
    because
    > windows or another program is writing to the drive and to quit other
    running
    > programs. But there are no other running programs.
    > thanks.

    If neither the XP installation nor Me Scandisk can fix the disk, it is time
    to buy a new one.
    Jim

    Wade wrote:
    > After starting the computer, XP "finds new printer hardware". It actually
    > finds 2 printers to install. I don't want to install either, and would like
    > XP to quit "finding" them for installation.

    Then simply disconnect them from the computer.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm