Pleas help with over clocking Q6600

jimbobtheone

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
Hi pleas can some one help me as iv just got my self a quad cor and whant to over clock this from a 2.4 to 3 or 3.2 on air but iv never done anything like this befor so pleas can anyong give me help with this or right me a idiots guide to over clocking pleas pleas some one help befor i do damige it and pleas can yous tell me if it will be safe at theas speeds im trying to get with my stuff as i corn afford to replase them if thy go on me as ive saved over 2years for this setup with manny thanks jim. pleas email me on jimbobtheone@hotmail.com
thanks agen to you all

this is the spec of my pc

Processor.....
Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q6600 (8M Cache, 2.40 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB)
This is the link to it.... http://ark.intel.com/cpu.aspx?groupId=29765
COOLER....
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler (Socket LGA775)

Motherboard
GA-P31-DS3L Intel® P31 + ICH7 Chipset
Link to it..... http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ClassValue=Motherboard&ProductID=2615&ProductName=GA-P31-DS3L

RAM STICKS
4 x 1GB STICKS OF CORSAIR XMS2 DDR2. SPEED 2048-6400 G
Link to them...... http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/2GB-(2x1GB)-Corsair-TwinX-XMS2-DDR2-PC2-6400-(800)-240-Pins-Non-ECC-Unbuffered-CAS-5-5-5-18

Graphics Cards
XFX GeForce 9600 GT
LINK TO IT IS..... http://www.xfxforce.com/en-gb/products/graphiccards/9series/9600GT.aspx#2

Hard drive.... 500Gb 7200rpm samsung sata

PSU.. 650W

jimbobtheone

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
wow man just asking for bit of help no need for insult got to start somewher and im just asking for some safe advice this is what this forums about isent it ??????????????

jimbobtheone

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
wow man just asking for bit of help no need for insult we all got to start somewher and this is what the forums is about isent it ??????????? helping each uther or lets sea you one of theas peaple how never needs help so if thats the case what you doing on hear???????????

olddman

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
If you can't read and understand the guides on here to show and inform you on what your doing, then you probable wouldn't understand what anyone told you anyways

jimbobtheone

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
Well just take a look at your comments across these forums. This is what forums are supposed to be for to ask questions no matter how silly they might seem. Your attitudes suck towards people you donot know & who came here for a little help. Not to hear bigged up attitudes like the ones in here. Nice way to lose members & I`m not the only one thinking this way just take a look at other forums to see that some of the people here are seen as a joke NOT helpful at all like one would expect from forums.
Shame on the admin if this is how they let it run.

jeanluclariviere

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
jimbobtheone - I joined here a little while ago - I read many, many guides, aswell as other users posts before I started asking questions.

I asked questions relevant to to overclocking, and asked questions about specifics. Memory timings, ratios, cooling and stress testing. Not once did i ask for the great members of tom to do it for me, and i've never been flammed for my curiocity. You're being rude and childish, and let me tell you, these forums will NOT miss.

You're the first person i see make a big deal out of nothing and it's a damn shame.

Overclocking is obviously not for you.

richardscott

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
what bugs the people on this forum and me 2 is that there is an amazing guide at the top of the page that keeps getting updated, but you dont bother reading it, i read it last year and since then have overclocked many computers, and even had watercooling and phase change cooling.

But no all the people just want to be told what settings to put in well i can tell you now that nearly never works because everone has diffrent components, and even when you have the same components they can perform massivley diffrent when overclocked.

jimbobtheone

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
just look at other forums and comments from others in them so I say no more on this as I`m not going to find the help I need on here

olddman

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
Here is your answer- go into your bios, set fsb to 333--leave everything else on auto and you have a 3.0 overclock. Thats all you have to do. If you can't do that, then you need to take the time to read how and it's already been said many times--so there's no reason to repeat it.

Now quit flaming people on here because you won't find a better or more knowledgeable group of folks anywhere.

Also, if you mess up your computer don't go around blameing anyone but yourself because you have no ideal what you just did.

jimbobtheone

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009

thanks mate for the worning as i was going to try it thanks agen and i hope thers a way to repay you for that one day that was A+++++++++ respect

On a Q6600 (B3 OR G0), it won't raise the voltage above acceptable limits, even with air cooling. It will only reach about 1.31-1.34 volts (G0) or 1.36-1.39 volts (B3). With the Freezer 7, that is easily within margins. I would say go for it to the OP.

As a matter of fact, at this very moment, I have a Q6600 in my crunching rig, and have it overclocked to an FSB of 334, running on stock air cooler. It is completely possible.

Don't be spreading FUD and scaring the Newbies due to incorrect information.

jimbobtheone

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
well iv no more to say on this as iv maniged to get hel elsware frome overlocker uk as this so called forum as been no help only advice i got was what the bit from a member what tryed killing my pc but as iv ollways say what go's aroung comes around so to all the noobs out ther just take a little advise try uther forums for help as thy understand you more and try ther best in every way insted of taking the p***** out of you so good by to all the good ones out ther and to all the d***k heads just remember what go's around come around

firefoxx04

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO