8800gtx won't detect hdtv

orphan

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Its a LC-32D62U Sharp Aquos. No signal at all from the moment I power on my comp. I'm using a single link dvi to hdmi cable manufactured by Monster. I've tried both hdmi inputs, rebooting with the tv on, tried both dvi outputs on my card, scoured the user's manual and these forums and tried all of the tv's menu options. Nvidia's "Rigorous display detection" doesn't help either. I think I'm out of options. I challenge you all!

orphan

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
I've been looking for hours for the forceware that had the hdtv setup wizard that supports 8800. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

orphan

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Captain's log:

My 8800gtx outputs dual link dvi signal but i'm using a single link dvi to hdmi cable. I'm guessing dual link output isn't compatible with single link dvi cables. I'm going to buy one with dual link and come back here and post the results and talk to myself more.

End of entry.

orphan

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Well the dual link cable that I bought doesn't help either. The tv still receives nothing. It looks like its going back from whence it came. Thanks for your input everyone.

Fin