Boot Failure install System Disk and press Enter

ronjg

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I recently had a problem with Window hanging up when it boots up. I installed the system disk and performed an XP repair. When the repair finished and began to reboot I got the above message. I can install the system disk and allow the computer to bypass the cd message "press enter to install from cd" and the computer boots up with no problem. Now, I have the Asus AMD A8N Deluxe mobo. I am using a 1Terabite Sata Seagate HD (no raid). I have looked at the sata port to make sure the connections are intact. Up till now, I have not tried to use one of the other Sata ports to boot up the HD from. I'm beginning to think this is a mobo issue, perhaps the bios. The hard drive is less the 3 months old and there have been other issues such as a program hanging up or taking to long to boot up. I have problems with the sound making noise when the computer has shutdown. The sound went bad in the motherboard and I purchased a Creative Blaster card and this sound problem I have is identical to the original sound problem I had with the motherboard sound driver before it went bad. This could be just a coincidence. Any suggestions or ideas on the "Boot Failure" problem.

Is that drive selected to be the boot drive in the BIOS, and is a hard drive selected to boot the computer? (many BIOS routines support selecting which one of more than one hard drive is the boot hard drive, and then to have a hard drive (previously selected) do the booting rather than a CD ROM or other device, must also be selected). If your BIOS supports "boot other device" it is wise to make this entry "enabled."

TRENDING THREADS