Http://www tomshardware com/forum/5771-2-dell-tech-chat-room

Hello can anyone help me? I have a Dell E1505 and I begun to get messages that my battery was beyond its usable life. I purchased a new battery through Dell for $165.00 now my computer won't start with the on/off switch with the battery in. I can take the battery out and hold the F8 button down which take me to a screen where I am able to reboot as long as I hold the F8 button down, then my windows xp opens, however, If I push the off switch the computer will shut down then a gray screen that states Media Direct appears (comes on by its self) and then the computer goes to a blue screen. I can push the off button again and again it starts by its self but won't start at all with the new battery. After I go through the reboot process again I can place the battery in and the computer continues to run until I shut it off, but then it won't start with the battery again. Can anyone help
1 answer Last reply
More about http tomshardware forum 5771 dell tech chat room
  1. Put the battery back in and let it charge overnight (with the computer off). If it's still hot in the morning, keep charging it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Battery Computers Dell Windows XP