Asus Commando OC issues

Frubes

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
Hi,

I have recently embarked on OC my rig at home but have ran into some issues i just cant seem to get past. I have read an aweful lot of OC guides and im confident i am doing it correctly. However it just doesn't seem to even hold up at the most modest of overclocks.

I'm currently running the following:

Asus Commando Motherboard with Bios 1701.
Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 "LGA775 Kentsfield" 2.40GHz (1066FSB)
GeIL 4GB PC6400C4 800MHz Ultra Low Latency DDR2 Dual Channel Kit (4-4-4-12)
Zalman CNPS9700-LED Aero Flower CPU Cooler
Corsair HX 620W ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant PSU
OcUK ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT SILENT Heatpipe 1024MB GDDR4
150GB Raid 0

Now, on the default Bios settings with the exception of the raid changes i can stress test the computer absolutely fine and its completely stable. The moment that i adjust the FSB (even at 266) and change the memory timings the computer locks on Prime95 after about 1 minute of testing. The temperatures are fine and stable at around 30 degrees.

Currently the system is only recognising 3GB of my 4GB ram but as soon as enable memory remapping and redo the stress test it locks up again. I have tried disabling memory remapping and doing a modest OC but again, it locks up.

Could this be a problem with my memory? I know that the timings are quite low but on the normal Bios settings its not even running the 4-4-4-12 settings Geil quote. Its obviously taking them from the timings table. The only other thing i can think of is that the voltages are too low however i would have expected that a low OC wouldn't have required voltage changes.

Im fairly new to this so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mondoman

Splendid
Make sure you have set the DIMM voltage in the BIOS to the manufacturer's spec value printed on the side of the DIMMs. You can run memtest86+ as a basic memory-testing program.