Gaming Center need your advice for hardware

helfor

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
Hello,

My friend would like to open a Gaming Center with 10 PC and 3 Xbox , I look around to see what is the best for money Gaming computer.

I have for starting this component.

Motherboard: ASUS or Gigabyte, but don't know wich model
CPU: Intel Q6600
Ram 4Gig OCZ
Video card: EVGA 8800GT 512M
Hard Drive: Western Digital 500G Sata2
Power Supply: Corsair 520W VX
Monitor: SAMSUNG 2253BW Black 22" 2ms(GTG) DVI Widescreen
Windows Vista 64

Can you give me some advice about motherboard, video model, Windows and other component that I have to check.

Thank you!

oushi

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
Since you're going to build 10 of these systems... you should probably try to cut the cost wherever you can without sacrificing performance.

For instance, modular cabling isn't really necessary and just increases your costs without really giving anything your customers would notice. I would either downgrade it to a Corsair 450VX and grab a cheapo case, or get an Antec Sonata III which comes with a nice 500W power supply and won't break the bank.

Use the money saved towards upgrading to an 8800GTS. Best performance for the money. Any lower and the customers might start to notice the graphics card getting sluggish. Any higher and you're starting to get less performance for the dollar.

You might consider getting E8400 rather than Q6600. They're a little cheaper right now and will be faster in most games. Since you're making 10 of these, every little you can save is going to be multiplied into much bigger amounts.

Mobo... go for a cheap P35 board like the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L.

helfor

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
Good suggestion,

Wich brand, model of memory do you suggest? Here we have Corsair, OCZ, Kingston and Crucial.

I did not mention Keyboard, mouse and DVD any suggestion?

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
May also consider AMD if cost is a primary concern, as they are good for entry level non overclocked systems. Something like a 5200 x2 or better and say 4 gb of ram and a nicer vide card and nicer monitor should help out. I wouldn't focus too much on processor, something speedy, but more on video cards and graphics. Memory, if he's got good cooling, I think the cheap stuff would do just fine. Remember your average Joe probably doesn't know much about pc hardware. You'll have a few diehards, but if the systems look cool like an alienware or something and play the games at high details and play smoothly, most ppl may not care as long as it looks good, it's fast, and it works.