Sign in with
Your question
Closed

SD File Recovery

Last response: in Storage
July 16, 2009 8:34:49 PM

Hi All,

Looking for some help here guys!!

Family member handed in his Sharp 77SH phone to be looked at due to an earpiece problem.

The phone got factory reset without him knowing and to make a long story short all his photos and files were deleted.

The phone had a Micro SD Card which may or may not have had the photos on it but when I try to recover through a card reader windows won’t recognize the card.

Without going into too much detail he is an elderly gent who had some of the last photos of his daughter who died young a few years ago and the pictures have immense sentimental value to him.

He does not have a computer so nothing was backed up.

Would anyone please know a way of recovering these photos and videos or failing that a good data recovery company which deals in flash memory recovery.

Many thanks for your help in advance guys!

Dave..

More about : file recovery

a b G Storage
July 20, 2009 7:24:59 AM

No need for a pro... at least not yet. I've personally used PhotoRec with some relative success. Give it a try, and let us know how it goes! :) 

Oh, and if you're worried, PhotoRec does no writing, only reading, so there's no chance of it destroying your data any further.
July 20, 2009 1:57:13 PM

Hi r_manic,

Many thanks for the help....

No joy with PhotoRec.... XP keeps locking up when I put in the SD card (through a card reader) and Linux does not see it either...

Would it be safe to format the SD card as fat and then try a recovery with PhotoRec??

I'm a bit nervous about doing a format but as i said windows does not see to recognise the card when put in...

Thank!!!
Dave
Related resources
a b G Storage
July 20, 2009 2:35:32 PM

What do you mean by it hangs? Nothing moves at all? Have you tried waiting a bit?

Hmmm... maybe you can try recovering the card on another computer?
July 20, 2009 3:16:04 PM

When i put the card in the reader XP i think trys to find it but i don't think there is a partition on it so i does not recognise it as a drive....

Thanks why i was thinking of doing a FAT format and then try the recover. Its from a mobile phone factory reset so i dont know if that blows away any partition info or it has some funny one.... Again thanks for the advise... It is really appreciated!
December 23, 2009 2:14:49 PM

Always searched for the good data recovery tool, recently has found program MultiStage Recovery. Now I use only to it.
May 29, 2010 6:26:32 AM

hi djackson, it is a very common problem of sd card corruped. Use the memory card recovery recovery software. It has a free download. Install it in your computer and see if you can preview the lost Photos. I think, u will get it. It comes with a price of $39 but you cal always try the free version from link below. Good luck buddy.

http://www.memory-cardrecovery.net/memory-card-recovery...
December 23, 2010 7:53:00 AM

First do not panic! It is possible to recover your pictures if you take care. Take the card from the phone (powered off) and if it has a "write protect" tab then lock it now. Do not try and write anything to the card or you risk causing more problems. You can either plug in you camera to the PC as it should appear as a “Removable Drive” or put the card in a card reader attached to your PC.

Next, if you are comfortable with using a PC then you can download a photo recovery utility that will recover your photos from the following link:

Recuva (for Windows, freeware)
Mac Photo Recovery(for Mac OS X shareware)

If you need something a little more "user friendly" then you will need to buy the software. If you search the web for photo recovery software you will find many. One I have used successfully is Wondershare Photo Recovery that used to be bundled with some other products. Now you can get it from the link below:
http://www.wondershare.com/pro/photo-recovery.html

You can try the demo to see what you can recover before buying.

Remember - Do NOT try & write anything back to the card until you can recover your pictures to your PC safely! Merry Christmas!
a b G Storage
December 23, 2010 8:43:07 AM

Hello djackson, try using another memory card reader and insert the SD card on it then try that r_manic suggestion - PhotoRec apps.
June 18, 2011 6:39:43 AM

The Recovery of lost from SD Card is quite easy by using SD Card Recovery software. Simple Steps: Search a good SD Card Recovery Software from Internet, Install it on your computer, Scan your Card and get all the lost photos back.
June 19, 2011 2:22:16 PM

Hi djackson. You can recover your lost videos yourself by using SD Card Recovery Software. Just download its free version and install on your computer. As you scan your card with it, it will show your videos in preview list. if you find your videos in list then go for its full version and recover your all the lost videos.
November 8, 2011 12:47:27 AM

Hi,

have you got files restored from your sd card?

Whenever you lost files and want to restore files off sd card, please stop using the card from taking more photos or do more operation on that card.

Download a recovery program, better free ones like this one much better than simple undelete tool recuva here is the download page:

http://www.icare-recovery.com/data-recovery-free.html
November 22, 2011 4:56:56 AM

Well, the deleted photos on the flash card can be recovered even though it has been deleted. Photos, videos, data on any formatted disk/external drive can be restored by a third-party data recovery software. I would suggest you follow these steps:

1. stop using the SD card, i.e. stop taking more photos.
2. use a card reader to connect it to the computer, it should appear as "external drive".
3. Download a third-party data recovery software, free trial (simply because i was using it and it worked)
http://www.recovery-programs.com/recover-photos.html
4. Install and open the program, select your memory drive, click 'start' button to start scanning process to find your photos.

November 22, 2011 5:07:44 AM

Why don't you try to recover your data with the help of data recovery applications. just download data recovery tools and install it and your data will be recovered in a single click.
January 10, 2012 6:21:09 AM

Hi you don't nedd to purchase any software for getting your file recovery tasks done. Just switch over services and pay as per your file is recovered not for entire software. Yes, no software is required for photo or any file recovery when all is available over web. It's easy :hello:  with the advent of new web technologies. Know more taking sneak peek at http://www.systools.org/services/.
January 14, 2012 7:49:12 AM

This thread shall be closed but the author did not offer any update. However there are too many tool to choose.
a c 180 G Storage
January 14, 2012 6:28:58 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
!