AlB

Hi all.
I have an ADSL connection via modem.
When I start the connection I always see a windows asking me "connect to .."
I want to have an automatic connection (with no questions ... just start and
go) is it possible to configure the system ?

Thank

Alb

(Win XP PRO - SP2)

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:55:58 +0100, Alb wrote
(in article <yXOKe.49220$2U1.2697681@news3.tin.it>):

> Hi all.
> I have an ADSL connection via modem.
> When I start the connection I always see a windows asking me "connect to .."
> I want to have an automatic connection (with no questions ... just start and
> go) is it possible to configure the system ?
>
> Thank
>
> Alb
>
> (Win XP PRO - SP2)

Buy a router with a built in modem (that's all of them these days). They're
not fantastically expensive (mine cost £60) and the login info is entered
into a browser page and then stored on a chip so, even if you format, you
will never have to re-enter the information. I had mine even before I needed
it (it's wireless) because I wanted an always on connection. I now have a
four system LAN (three PCs and a Mac).