Problems

God im having 2 strange problems that are driving me mad, let me get to the point:

1. I cant get the centre and rear speakers to work with vista 64 bit, they worked in xp so i know they work. Im using an x-fi fatality pro, with the latest drivers.

2. This one is really strange, the volume is going up and down on its own. This started happening right after i launched a game, minimized it, and lanuched another game. Did i mess up the drivers?

If anyone knows thats wrong, please help :).

Thanks.
13 answers Last reply
More about problems
  1. 1. Creative drivers have problems

2. See above.

Your best bet is to re-install drivers.
  2. Is this only in games? Because if it is Alchemy will need to be installed. Which you can get off creative.com
  3. Heh, reinstall seemd to do it, everything works now. I wonder why running 2 games at a time could possibly screw up a driver thou :S .

Thanks.
  4. Damn it, the problem is back, what else could it be?
  5. Anyone?
  6. Can you possibly try with a different OS to see if its a driver or card issue?
  7. chookman said:
    Can you possibly try with a different OS to see if its a driver or card issue?

I doubt its the OS because it worked for over a year. So the card is broken?
  8. ....hello?
  9. well some kind of a pro i had with a graphic card .

I suggest u will re install the drivers from the device manger .
    restart , then scan for new hardware and install the new drivers again.
    if it doesnt work then I guess its a card issue.
    and u will need to buy a new one :\

Sorry bro.

Best regards ,
    Noam
  10. God, I am such a hater, but I have to do this. Creative just released new drivers for the X-Fi that addresses some issues with Vista, but lo-and-behold...Creative gives us crap again! I cannot get my X-Fi to work properly in Vista either. The sound is all jacked up. I have a dual-boot, damn thing runs great in XP, terrible in Vista.

I'm actually about to go back to the old Daniel_K modified drivers. You can still download them off of Bitorrent since Creative has officially punked him from their forums or any other forums. His modified drivers actually work with Vista.

A) Use Driver Sweeper from 3DGuru.com to remove all of the Creative drivers, reboot, reinstall the newest drivers from Creative.

or

B) Use Driver Sweeper from 3DGuru.com to remove all of the Creative drivers, reboot, install the the modified Daniel_K drivers that you downloaded from Bitorrent.

or

C) See if you can get your money back and get a better sound card like the ASUS Xonar or the HT Omega. Wish I could go this route.
  11. stabgotham said:
    God, I am such a hater, but I have to do this. Creative just released new drivers for the X-Fi that addresses some issues with Vista, but lo-and-behold...Creative gives us crap again! I cannot get my X-Fi to work properly in Vista either. The sound is all jacked up. I have a dual-boot, damn thing runs great in XP, terrible in Vista.
    C) See if you can get your money back and get a better sound card like the ASUS Xonar or the HT Omega. Wish I could go this route.

I think C is the best option. Asus Xonar D2X or Xonar DX and HT OMEGA are indeed serious good sound cards.

Some company just can't learn their lessons. :fou:
  12. Maybe its the volume control on this old keyboard? Is there anyway to disable it? Its a benq keyboard but i have no idea what model it is.
  13. Btw, i fixed it, the problem was so simple, yet im so stupid. The card somehow slipped out of its slot, it was barely hanging lol, i wonder how it still worked =D.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Drivers Components