Recommend me memory for GIGABYTE GA-EP35C-DS3R

jerb

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
I bought me the gigabyte mobo and 2x gigs of crucial ballistix ddr2 800 memory bout a month ago, despite people saying they had problems with running the crucial ballistix memmory with this mobo.

I proceeded to buy this memory to go with my mobo, cause it is on the QVL, on gigabytes site.

I built my pc, it booted right away but slowly and shurley the BSOD's came. I have narrowed it down to a bad stick of my memory.

Im just not sure to go with more of this kind (crucial ballistix).

If any1 can reccomend a good set of memory it would be much appreciated.:)

orsharksfan

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2008
I just build a system with a GA-EP43-DS3L and used OCZ Reaper HPC 2X2gig pc1066 no problems. Plus it's on sale on Newegg.com this week.

fatcat

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2005
If you are not into over clocking simple value ram from corsair or any other brand of good repute should work well. Some MB are very picky about RAM and won't work properly with high performance RAM. As for me I went with 4 sticks of Buffalo Firestix and never got a problem. Nowadays, RAM is so cheap that I would probably go with 2 x 2 gig instead.

jeremyrailton

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2006
i use the ballistix tracer and the regular ballistix, they work fine. you just got a bad stick. i will tell you that the northbridge cooler is no good if you're overclocking, so that will cause bsod's. i replaced it with a thermalright chipset cooler and she'll overclock to the moon and back

waz

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2008
Hi, I got 4 sticks of 1GB Corsair DDR2 1066MHz/PC2-8500 recently for my EP35-DS3R. A full run of memtest showed no errors. I'm not into overclocking.

Rich1