Aerocool EasyWatch Fan Controller Auto Fan Control? (How Does Auto Fun

fcastro

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2008
Hi everyone,

I am looking at a fan controller for my system since gigabyte decided to only include 1 fan speed controller on my new motherboard (EP45-UD3P). I have been looking at the Aerocool EasyWatch Fan Controller because its an auto controller of the fans and it has no knobs (my case door has little to no space when it is closed.

Question: Does anyone know how the Aerocool decided at what speed to run the fans at? I know it had a few temperature monitor probes but how does it decide to run a fan at 100% versus 20% without it being given any range of specs?

fcastro

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2008
Conumdrum what program are you speaking of? Instructions on this fan controller says its auto fan controlling and there is no software to install.

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
I didn't look at the exact one. The best ones allow temp values and what to run the fan at.

You need auto, there is more than one out there that uses a PCI board to truely software monitor it all. I never ever trust windows to handle cooling. Some 5 1/4 fan controllers do a fine job.

You'll figure it out.

Try more places than Toms to ask questions. Toms is like Radio Shack. You ask, "I need a xx for xx." They say, "I dunno, wanna buy a phone or an MP3 player?"

I can't answer your question perfectly, so I'm done, best of luck.