pheonix135

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2008
Hi, new here so please be gentle.

I'm having a weird problem where, when I boot my computer up as soon as it gets to the XP welcome screen, the system speaker (I'm don't know what the actual name is but it's the one that beeps at startup) starts beeping once every second.

From what I've found this is meant to signal that the CPU is overheating or something along those lines but I've been running programs like Real Temp and the temperature is fine and the computer isn't crashing so I have no idea whats wrong. Any idea's?

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008
It could be a number of warning codes. Could be that case fan or cpu fan is plugged directly to psu and doesn't go through motherboard, so it thinks they're not there. Go into bios, search through the options, and see which warnings are turned on.

pheonix135

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2008
I had a look through the BIOS and the only warning that is listed is the open chassis warning and I've turned that off. I should probably also mention that I was investigating some Overclocking settings on the M/B and it stopped booting so I cleared the CMOS, it started booting again but then I started getting the beeping. Hopefully that helps.