Sign in with
Your question

Hp dv6000 video bios shadowed

Last response: in Windows XP
September 1, 2010 4:04:37 PM

my hp dv6000 will not get past this screen.

Bios Version F. 1A
Cpu Stepping = Unknown 2000MHZ
479M System Ram Passed
512 KB L2 Cache
System bios Shadowed
Video Bios Shadowed
Atpai CD-Rom Philips DVD -Ram SDVD8821
Fixed Disk 0: St98823AS
Mouse initialized
Sytstem Configuration Data updated
ERROR
0271: Check date and time settings
Warning
0251: System CMOS checksum bad-Default configuration used

Any help appreciated
a b 8 Security
September 3, 2010 7:11:00 PM

iriegal4u2 said:
my hp dv6000 will not get past this screen.

Bios Version F. 1A
Cpu Stepping = Unknown 2000MHZ
479M System Ram Passed
512 KB L2 Cache
System bios Shadowed
Video Bios Shadowed
Atpai CD-Rom Philips DVD -Ram SDVD8821
Fixed Disk 0: St98823AS
Mouse initialized
Sytstem Configuration Data updated
ERROR
0271: Check date and time settings
Warning
0251: System CMOS checksum bad-Default configuration used

Any help appreciated

Can you tap whichever key at startup that gets you into BIOS or Setup menus? Delete or Function 2 are favourites - then check that the system data and time is correct.

m
l
September 10, 2010 1:59:22 AM

Thank you Saga Lout for your help, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I went out of town. I can get into the bios by f2. The time and date are not correct. I noticed that I can only get into the date and time screen. Everything else on the bios does not give me access. I changed the date and time, but when the computer restarted, it went back to some other date and time.
m
l
a b 8 Security
September 10, 2010 7:03:41 AM

iriegal4u2 said:
Thank you Saga Lout for your help, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I went out of town. I can get into the bios by f2. The time and date are not correct. I noticed that I can only get into the date and time screen. Everything else on the bios does not give me access. I changed the date and time, but when the computer restarted, it went back to some other date and time.

[#0005ff]Sounds as though the BIOS is forgetting its settings and that could mean the CMOS battery has gone flat. It's difficult in a laptop - a PC allows easy acces to a battery. I have the remains of a dead DV6000 in my workshop - when I open up at around 09:00 BST I'll look at the motherboard to see if ther battery is accessible and replaceable and post back later.[/#000ff]
m
l
!