Sign in with
Your question

I Want To Cut A Hole In My Case!

Last response: in Overclocking
January 29, 2009 10:42:17 AM

Hello! i currently own a silver MGE XG Dragon Aluminum Case.
heres a picture of a black one...
http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/cases/XG_Dragon/...

i want to cut a few holes... one at the top to put a 120mm case fan, and two on the left side near the bottom where you see the extra grill. only question i have is what do i use to cut it?! thanks! :) 

More about : cut hole case

January 29, 2009 12:36:02 PM

How about drilling?
a c 330 K Overclocking
January 29, 2009 12:36:22 PM

Dremel and metal cut off wheels. Draw your holes (make sure they are smaller than the mount holes) and get to work. I've done tons of holes this way.
Related resources
January 29, 2009 5:33:47 PM

People have used all sorts of tools, from hole saws to dremels and jig saws. As long as you measure twice, cut once, protect the rest of the finish on the case, and take your time, you will do ok.
January 29, 2009 6:42:35 PM

sweet, thanks for your suggestions. im looking up the dremel metal cut, ppl seem to like it universally. quick question, :)  im on ebay right now, can you tell me all the parts there are to this dremel and metal cut off wheel? to me it looks like these circle pads as well as a handle that attaches to them. am i missing anything? and is there such thing as cheaping out on these things? their pretty cheap in price as it is. if there are any more suggestions, please! :)  thanks!

EDIT: 1 more thing, these come in different sizes, does that mean it cuts exactly the size it says? so 4" wheel cuts 4" hole?
!