Help me Decide between 2 cards/laptops

My spending limit is $1500

I am looking for a laptop to play games with but also perform college work.
Acer Aspire AS5920-6574 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T8100(2.10GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 3GB Memory DDR2 667 250GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT - Retail
Equipped with NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

TOSHIBA Satellite A305-S6844 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T8100(2.10GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 4GB Memory DDR2 667 320GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 - Retail
Equipped with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

I am really stuck on this decision.

The benchmarks ive seen have the ATI card above by I believe 2%.....
12 answers Last reply
More about help decide cards laptops
  1. Both of those laptops will be barely able to play solitaire. In order to have a LAPTOP that will also be a good gaming machine look into spending about 3k.
  2. 1 to 2 percent on a laptop still sucks..get whichever laptop is more to your liking, your not gonna notice 2 percent or even 5 !
  3. I dont expect this laptop to perform over the top or play top games at high settings. I expect having to lower the settings significantly just to run them.

Looking at the specs is there anything between the 2 that makes 1 stand out over the other?
  4. i'd go for the 3650 ati one, it has more ram, hd, and hdmi port with audio. i doubt that the 8600 has audio through hdmi. the toshiba seems to be more bang for the buck.
  5. I agree with godless, go with the toshiba, esp if your going to use it at school for a while, toshibas hold up pretty well, as far as the graphics the 8600's are a complete dissapointment compared to their 8800 counterparts(which rock) normally the '6' line is almost as good as a high end card and a great buy for someone on a budget, but they messed up this time, they were barely better than the 7600's
  6. I thank you guys for your responses.
  7. boylehatesu said:
    I thank you guys for your responses.

They are both class 2 cards you can compare them here
    Mactronix :)
  8. Gateway® P-172S FX Edition.

It's $1350 with a Core 2 Duo, 3 GB RAM, and a 512MB 8800GTS.
  9. Angry_ducky's deal looks much better than the other 2. The other option you have is to go to and check out the deals they have on dells. I was pricing some machines a few days ago and managed to fine much better deals than the 2 at newegg. I love them for components but I think Dell will beat them on full systems. Definitely try to get the 8800 GPU, it gives you more than double the 8600's performance.
  10. Hi Boyle,

1) What games are you planning to play?

2) Although Dell is running some deals ... but I think other companies might be running some good deals too ... like Sony Vaio's ... and others

@ angry_ducky ... A Q ... will the T5750 in the "Gateway" be fast enough!?!? Just curious!!!

G! :)
  11. I think that ati 3650 is best for 3d editing not for is designed for business purposes......
  12. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Laptops Graphics Product