Eve

Okay. Finally found a site that gave me a 14-day key without having to sign
up through the site for it. Downloaded the install program 3 times from
Eve's mirror site and it was corrupted all three times. Finally got a
successful download through bittorrent. Failed install about 5 times.
Moved the install file to a different drive. Failed install. Cleaned up
another drive, defrag, rinse repeat, moved install to that drive, successful
install. I have not fired it up yet. Only took three days to get it
installed. I did not want to rush into things.... More details as I have
them.

Quixote

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Tue, 17 May 2005 17:29:27 -0500, "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com>
wrote:

>Okay. Finally found a site that gave me a 14-day key without having to sign
>up through the site for it. Downloaded the install program 3 times from
>Eve's mirror site and it was corrupted all three times. Finally got a
>successful download through bittorrent. Failed install about 5 times.
>Moved the install file to a different drive. Failed install. Cleaned up
>another drive, defrag, rinse repeat, moved install to that drive, successful
>install. I have not fired it up yet. Only took three days to get it
>installed. I did not want to rush into things.... More details as I have
>them.

Since you're an old-school Elite series player, I'll be keen to hear
what you have to say about it.

I'm tempted to download it and give it the ol' 14 day whirl. Time is a
critical factor for me. My schedule is usually pretty tight.

But then, since I was informed this morning that the contract I was
working on ran out of funding as of 2:00pm CST ( I guess with all the
base closings, the Navy is kinda tight with the cash lately ), I
suddenly find myself with a little extra time on my hands. :)

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 17 May 2005 17:29:27 -0500, "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Okay. Finally found a site that gave me a 14-day key without having to
>>sign
>>up through the site for it. Downloaded the install program 3 times from
>>Eve's mirror site and it was corrupted all three times. Finally got a
>>successful download through bittorrent. Failed install about 5 times.
>>Moved the install file to a different drive. Failed install. Cleaned up
>>another drive, defrag, rinse repeat, moved install to that drive,
>>successful
>>install. I have not fired it up yet. Only took three days to get it
>>installed. I did not want to rush into things.... More details as I have
>>them.
>
> Since you're an old-school Elite series player, I'll be keen to hear
> what you have to say about it.
>
> I'm tempted to download it and give it the ol' 14 day whirl. Time is a
> critical factor for me. My schedule is usually pretty tight.
>
> But then, since I was informed this morning that the contract I was
> working on ran out of funding as of 2:00pm CST ( I guess with all the
> base closings, the Navy is kinda tight with the cash lately ), I
> suddenly find myself with a little extra time on my hands. :)

Well, its all about numbers. There is only very simplistic flight in
third-person view. You get close to whatever and push a button and the
lasers take over. There is no real piloting, so it means that fighting all
comes down to numbers, who ever has the most wins. I could put up with the
leveling part and generating cash if there was some real seat-of-the-pants
flight simulator action, but flight is pretty much choose a location and fly
there per menu driven commands. This is just after completing the tutorial
and messing about for an hour or so. Maybe I am missing something. I will
give it another looking over.

Quixote

Smeghead wrote:
> But then, since I was informed this morning that the contract I was
> working on ran out of funding as of 2:00pm CST ( I guess with all the
> base closings, the Navy is kinda tight with the cash lately ), I
> suddenly find myself with a little extra time on my hands. :)

Oh no, our first RIF victim. :(

Our two bases are safe. In fact, the Marine base is going to
absorb some of the folks who are having to leave their current bases.
Yuma Proving Ground is still busy as hell, testing everything
imaginable for desert combat. It's mostly civilian contractors, so let
me know if you get *that* desperate! LOL

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}

"Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Smeghead wrote:
>> But then, since I was informed this morning that the contract I was
>> working on ran out of funding as of 2:00pm CST ( I guess with all the
>> base closings, the Navy is kinda tight with the cash lately ), I
>> suddenly find myself with a little extra time on my hands. :)
>
> Oh no, our first RIF victim. :(
>
> Our two bases are safe. In fact, the Marine base is going to
> absorb some of the folks who are having to leave their current bases.
> Yuma Proving Ground is still busy as hell, testing everything
> imaginable for desert combat. It's mostly civilian contractors, so let
> me know if you get *that* desperate! LOL

Yep, I guess we are losing Naval Station Ingleside as a neighbor too. It
was used for mine sweeper training mostly, and both my son-in-laws came from
it....

Quixote

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Wed, 18 May 2005 00:57:53 -0500, "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com>
wrote:

>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 17 May 2005 17:29:27 -0500, "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Okay. Finally found a site that gave me a 14-day key without having to
>>>sign
>>>up through the site for it. Downloaded the install program 3 times from
>>>Eve's mirror site and it was corrupted all three times. Finally got a
>>>successful download through bittorrent. Failed install about 5 times.
>>>Moved the install file to a different drive. Failed install. Cleaned up
>>>another drive, defrag, rinse repeat, moved install to that drive,
>>>successful
>>>install. I have not fired it up yet. Only took three days to get it
>>>installed. I did not want to rush into things.... More details as I have
>>>them.
>>
>> Since you're an old-school Elite series player, I'll be keen to hear
>> what you have to say about it.
>>
>> I'm tempted to download it and give it the ol' 14 day whirl. Time is a
>> critical factor for me. My schedule is usually pretty tight.
>>
>> But then, since I was informed this morning that the contract I was
>> working on ran out of funding as of 2:00pm CST ( I guess with all the
>> base closings, the Navy is kinda tight with the cash lately ), I
>> suddenly find myself with a little extra time on my hands. :)
>>

>Well, its all about numbers. There is only very simplistic flight in
>third-person view. You get close to whatever and push a button and the
>lasers take over. There is no real piloting, so it means that fighting all
>comes down to numbers, who ever has the most wins. I could put up with the
>leveling part and generating cash if there was some real seat-of-the-pants
>flight simulator action, but flight is pretty much choose a location and fly
>there per menu driven commands. This is just after completing the tutorial
>and messing about for an hour or so. Maybe I am missing something. I will
>give it another looking over.

Bah...

The uber-realistic physics is what gave Braben's Elite series the fun.

Babylon 5 had my attention as a fan simply because they showed man
populating space with ships that don't BANK like AEROplanes.

I loved the Frontier because you could land on a planet surface, do
the time compression and watch the systems sun rise and set.

Like you pointed out, docking by wire was an accomplishment. In space
everything is relative velocity. To me, the physics and realistic
distances was fun.

When I got Frontier, it was through a friend. I played it and learned
it by trial and error. The first time I plotted a course and jumped
was a revelation!

I'll keep my eye out for further impressions from you. From what I've
read it sounds like the missions and economy are at least as detailed
as Elite.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On 18 May 2005 07:44:06 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>Smeghead wrote:
>> But then, since I was informed this morning that the contract I was
>> working on ran out of funding as of 2:00pm CST ( I guess with all the
>> base closings, the Navy is kinda tight with the cash lately ), I
>> suddenly find myself with a little extra time on my hands. :)
>
> Oh no, our first RIF victim. :(
>
> Our two bases are safe. In fact, the Marine base is going to
>absorb some of the folks who are having to leave their current bases.
> Yuma Proving Ground is still busy as hell, testing everything
>imaginable for desert combat. It's mostly civilian contractors, so let
>me know if you get *that* desperate! LOL

Not a RIF victim as such. At least, not directly.

I am a civilian contractor, which is why I'm dropped. If you look up
"job instability" in a dictionary, you'll see a footnote that reads
"See: Civilian Government Contractor"

The base I was at is growing. Nasa just announced they're moving their
entire administrative facilities there. So I've got friends out there
keeping their ears to the ground for me.

--

wrote:

>Okay. Finally found a site that gave me a 14-day key without having to sign
>up through the site for it. Downloaded the install program 3 times from
>Eve's mirror site and it was corrupted all three times. Finally got a
>successful download through bittorrent. Failed install about 5 times.
>Moved the install file to a different drive. Failed install. Cleaned up
>another drive, defrag, rinse repeat, moved install to that drive, successful
>install. I have not fired it up yet. Only took three days to get it
>installed. I did not want to rush into things.... More details as I have
>them.

I just downloaded the game and created a character, Smegus Maximus, a
Sebiestor scientist.

For the record, I had absolutely no problems during download, install,
registration of the trial version. Everything went very smoothly on my
end.

--

> On Wed, 18 May 2005 00:57:53 -0500, "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com>
> wrote:
>

>>"Smeghead" <tribesfan@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Since you're an old-school Elite series player, I'll be keen to hear
>>> what you have to say about it.
>>>
>>> I'm tempted to download it and give it the ol' 14 day whirl. Time is a
>>> critical factor for me. My schedule is usually pretty tight.
>>>
>>> But then, since I was informed this morning that the contract I was
>>> working on ran out of funding as of 2:00pm CST ( I guess with all the
>>> base closings, the Navy is kinda tight with the cash lately ), I
>>> suddenly find myself with a little extra time on my hands. :)
>>>

>>Well, its all about numbers. There is only very simplistic flight in
>>third-person view. You get close to whatever and push a button and the
>>lasers take over. There is no real piloting, so it means that fighting
>>all
>>comes down to numbers, who ever has the most wins. I could put up with
>>the
>>leveling part and generating cash if there was some real seat-of-the-pants
>>flight simulator action, but flight is pretty much choose a location and
>>fly
>>there per menu driven commands. This is just after completing the
>>tutorial
>>and messing about for an hour or so. Maybe I am missing something. I
>>will
>>give it another looking over.
>
> Bah...
>
> The uber-realistic physics is what gave Braben's Elite series the fun.
>
> Babylon 5 had my attention as a fan simply because they showed man
> populating space with ships that don't BANK like AEROplanes.
>
> I loved the Frontier because you could land on a planet surface, do
> the time compression and watch the systems sun rise and set.
>
> Like you pointed out, docking by wire was an accomplishment. In space
> everything is relative velocity. To me, the physics and realistic
> distances was fun.
>
> When I got Frontier, it was through a friend. I played it and learned
> it by trial and error. The first time I plotted a course and jumped
> was a revelation!
>
> I'll keep my eye out for further impressions from you. From what I've
> read it sounds like the missions and economy are at least as detailed
> as Elite.

The economy is very detailed. You can even take on player created missions.
But I just hate the whole push a button and your combined numbers shoots at
<target's> combined numbers and the highest number wins. No piloting at all
and really no room for strategy. Point of view is from a "camera drone"
outside your ship and I have not found a way to lock it, which bugs me as
you are forever resetting it. I would have much preferred a first-person
view with differing cockpit views. As it is, it's like a taxi in space that
you tell where you want to go and sit back and watch it happen. I need a
space shooter I can fly.

Quixote

Smeghead wrote:
> The uber-realistic physics is what gave Braben's Elite series the fun.
>
> Babylon 5 had my attention as a fan simply because they showed man
> populating space with ships that don't BANK like AEROplanes.

I liked that move in Wing Commander, called something stupid like the
Shelton Slide or something, where you basically maintained velocity but
were able to orient your ship however you pleased.

Basically, space-faring games should be an unholy cross between
something like Homeworld for fleet management and Descent: Freespace for
piloting.

Preferably in the Babylon 5 universe.

> Like you pointed out, docking by wire was an accomplishment. In space
> everything is relative velocity. To me, the physics and realistic
> distances was fun.

Fun can be defined in many ways.

I once dicked around on a MUSH (text-based RPG) where they had an actual
space simulator. Aiming, firing and piloting all revolved on things like
headings and bearings like "314 mark 14" and knowing where, in space,
the enemy was, turning your ship to lead the target and firing at the
appropriate time.

And it was fun, which amazes the hell out of me now.

Smeghead wrote:
> Not a RIF victim as such. At least, not directly.
>
> I am a civilian contractor, which is why I'm dropped. If you look up
> "job instability" in a dictionary, you'll see a footnote that reads
> "See: Civilian Government Contractor"
>
> The base I was at is growing. Nasa just announced they're moving their
> entire administrative facilities there. So I've got friends out there
> keeping their ears to the ground for me.

Good stuff- they're always the best source for who's hiring.
So many folks fail their piss test these days that you should get
something fairly soon. ;)

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}

Smeghead wrote:
> On Tue, 17 May 2005 17:29:27 -0500, "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Okay. Finally found a site that gave me a 14-day key without having
>> to sign up through the site for it. Downloaded the install program
>> 3 times from Eve's mirror site and it was corrupted all three times.
>> Finally got a successful download through bittorrent. Failed
>> install about 5 times. Moved the install file to a different drive.
>> Failed install. Cleaned up another drive, defrag, rinse repeat,
>> moved install to that drive, successful install. I have not fired
>> it up yet. Only took three days to get it installed. I did not
>> want to rush into things.... More details as I have them.
>
> I just downloaded the game and created a character, Smegus Maximus, a
> Sebiestor scientist.
>
> For the record, I had absolutely no problems during download, install,
> registration of the trial version. Everything went very smoothly on my
> end.

Well I'll be damned. I'll keep reading the updates for impressions.

--
>^,,^< Miracle

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On 18 May 2005 20:34:04 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>Smeghead wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 May 2005 17:29:27 -0500, "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Okay. Finally found a site that gave me a 14-day key without having
>>> to sign up through the site for it. Downloaded the install program
>>> 3 times from Eve's mirror site and it was corrupted all three times.
>>> Finally got a successful download through bittorrent. Failed
>>> install about 5 times. Moved the install file to a different drive.
>>> Failed install. Cleaned up another drive, defrag, rinse repeat,
>>> moved install to that drive, successful install. I have not fired
>>> it up yet. Only took three days to get it installed. I did not
>>> want to rush into things.... More details as I have them.
>>
>> I just downloaded the game and created a character, Smegus Maximus, a
>> Sebiestor scientist.
>>
>> For the record, I had absolutely no problems during download, install,
>> registration of the trial version. Everything went very smoothly on my
>> end.
>

> Well I'll be damned. I'll keep reading the updates for impressions.

Well, aside from a lack of really hands on flight physics, it
certainly is beautiful, extremely detailed.

The economy, as Q noted, is very rich and detailed. There is a variety
of ways to earn a living. Smuggling, running refugees, mining, killing
bounties, being a pirate...

While not as fulfilling as it COULD be, (were they to do an almost
total rip of David Braben's Elite games)

I think you'd like it, Miracle. The real meat of the game is the
economy and capitalism. The social aspect of a corporation would make
it more fun too, but right now I'm on my own, other than Quix being in
game with me.

We tried to get ship to ship in the same space, but we were unable to
fly to each other safely.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Wed, 18 May 2005 15:31:39 -0500, "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com>
wrote:

[chir-clip]

>The economy is very detailed. You can even take on player created missions.
>But I just hate the whole push a button and your combined numbers shoots at
><target's> combined numbers and the highest number wins. No piloting at all
>and really no room for strategy. Point of view is from a "camera drone"
>outside your ship and I have not found a way to lock it, which bugs me as
>you are forever resetting it. I would have much preferred a first-person
>view with differing cockpit views. As it is, it's like a taxi in space that
>you tell where you want to go and sit back and watch it happen. I need a
>space shooter I can fly.

The realistic physics and hands-on piloting is sorely missing. I have
to agree.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

Smeghead wrote:
> Well, aside from a lack of really hands on flight physics, it
> certainly is beautiful, extremely detailed.
>
> The economy, as Q noted, is very rich and detailed. There is a variety
> of ways to earn a living. Smuggling, running refugees, mining, killing
> bounties, being a pirate...
>
> While not as fulfilling as it COULD be, (were they to do an almost
> total rip of David Braben's Elite games)
>
> I think you'd like it, Miracle. The real meat of the game is the
> economy and capitalism. The social aspect of a corporation would make
> it more fun too, but right now I'm on my own, other than Quix being in
> game with me.
>
> We tried to get ship to ship in the same space, but we were unable to
> fly to each other safely.

Okay, tell me again where to go download it- if it installs with
little trouble, I'll try to join in the fun. :D

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On 21 May 2005 07:28:37 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>Smeghead wrote:
>> Well, aside from a lack of really hands on flight physics, it
>> certainly is beautiful, extremely detailed.
>>
>> The economy, as Q noted, is very rich and detailed. There is a variety
>> of ways to earn a living. Smuggling, running refugees, mining, killing
>> bounties, being a pirate...
>>
>> While not as fulfilling as it COULD be, (were they to do an almost
>> total rip of David Braben's Elite games)
>>
>> I think you'd like it, Miracle. The real meat of the game is the
>> economy and capitalism. The social aspect of a corporation would make
>> it more fun too, but right now I'm on my own, other than Quix being in
>> game with me.
>>
>> We tried to get ship to ship in the same space, but we were unable to
>> fly to each other safely.
>

> Okay, tell me again where to go download it- if it installs with
>little trouble, I'll try to join in the fun. :D

I had to register with www.gamepsot.com and downloaded it after the
fact without a hitch or hamper. Evidently they're an official sponsor.

Registration with g-spot is simple and not a huge hassle. They don't
want your shoe size and number of fillings.

Last night was cool. Quix and I met ship to ship after I had run some
nukes to a border zone faction. Since I'm in a small ore hauler, and
he's in a light fighter, he covered me when I was mining.

He made much, much shorter work of the NPC bandit that showed up
almost immediately than I could have. The tiny ship I had is only
equipped with "Civilian" grade gattling cannons.

The less secure the system (Rated 1.0 for most secure to 0.0 for
least) the higher the rewards for mining. The rarer the minerals. Risk
= reward.

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

> Smeghead wrote:
>> Well, aside from a lack of really hands on flight physics, it
>> certainly is beautiful, extremely detailed.
>>
>> The economy, as Q noted, is very rich and detailed. There is a variety
>> of ways to earn a living. Smuggling, running refugees, mining, killing
>> bounties, being a pirate...
>>
>> While not as fulfilling as it COULD be, (were they to do an almost
>> total rip of David Braben's Elite games)
>>
>> I think you'd like it, Miracle. The real meat of the game is the
>> economy and capitalism. The social aspect of a corporation would make
>> it more fun too, but right now I'm on my own, other than Quix being in
>> game with me.
>>
>> We tried to get ship to ship in the same space, but we were unable to
>> fly to each other safely.
>

> Okay, tell me again where to go download it- if it installs with
> little trouble, I'll try to join in the fun. :D

Here is a place for a key without any sign up.

http://hosted.warcry.com/eve_trial_pass/claim.phtml

Download here:

http://www.eve-online.com/download/

Quixote

"Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com> wrote in message

> "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message
>> Smeghead wrote:
>>> Well, aside from a lack of really hands on flight physics, it
>>> certainly is beautiful, extremely detailed.
>>>
>>> The economy, as Q noted, is very rich and detailed. There is a variety
>>> of ways to earn a living. Smuggling, running refugees, mining, killing
>>> bounties, being a pirate...
>>>
>>> While not as fulfilling as it COULD be, (were they to do an almost
>>> total rip of David Braben's Elite games)
>>>
>>> I think you'd like it, Miracle. The real meat of the game is the
>>> economy and capitalism. The social aspect of a corporation would make
>>> it more fun too, but right now I'm on my own, other than Quix being in
>>> game with me.
>>>
>>> We tried to get ship to ship in the same space, but we were unable to
>>> fly to each other safely.
>>

>> Okay, tell me again where to go download it- if it installs with
>> little trouble, I'll try to join in the fun. :D
>
> Here is a place for a key without any sign up.
>
> http://hosted.warcry.com/eve_trial_pass/claim.phtml
>
> Download here:
>
> http://www.eve-online.com/download/
>
> Quixote

You ought to consult with Smeg about race and such so you start up near his
location, cause it can be a ah heck getting around.

Quixote

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On Sat, 21 May 2005 16:01:36 -0500, "Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com>
wrote:

>"Quixote" <quixote@writeme.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in message

>>> Okay, tell me again where to go download it- if it installs with
>>> little trouble, I'll try to join in the fun. :D
>>
>> Here is a place for a key without any sign up.
>>
>> http://hosted.warcry.com/eve_trial_pass/claim.phtml
>>
>> Download here:
>>
>> http://www.eve-online.com/download/
>>
>> Quixote
>>

>You ought to consult with Smeg about race and such so you start up near his
>location, cause it can be a ah heck getting around.

I chose my race based on the description. It said something about
being a Tribal race. So I figured, hey, tribes! Why not?

I'm a Minmatar.

Of the Sebiestor bloodline.

I'm bald.

I'm tattooed.

My name is Smegus Maximus.

Look me up, bay-bee!

--
--==< S m e g h e a d >==--

Smeghead wrote:
> I had to register with www.gamepsot.com and downloaded it after the
> fact without a hitch or hamper. Evidently they're an official sponsor.
>
> Registration with g-spot is simple and not a huge hassle. They don't
> want your shoe size and number of fillings.
>
> Last night was cool. Quix and I met ship to ship after I had run some
> nukes to a border zone faction. Since I'm in a small ore hauler, and
> he's in a light fighter, he covered me when I was mining.
>
> He made much, much shorter work of the NPC bandit that showed up
> almost immediately than I could have. The tiny ship I had is only
> equipped with "Civilian" grade gattling cannons.
>
> The less secure the system (Rated 1.0 for most secure to 0.0 for
> least) the higher the rewards for mining. The rarer the minerals. Risk
> = reward.

Okay, looks like Monday afternoon is when I'll be able to go and
get it. If I have any trouble, I'll holler in here. Email on this laptop is still
an iffy proposition for some reason.

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}

Quixote wrote:
> Here is a place for a key without any sign up.
>
> http://hosted.warcry.com/eve_trial_pass/claim.phtml
>
> Download here:
>
> http://www.eve-online.com/download/
>
> Quixote

Hey, more better! Thanks dude!

--
{{{{{HUGZ!}}}}}

Quixote wrote:
> You ought to consult with Smeg about race and such so you start up
> near his location, cause it can be a ah heck getting around.

Oh say, that's good thinking!! Will do, and thanks for thinking
of that!

Hmmmm, someone needs to disable my exclamation point again....

--
>^,,^< Miracle

smeghead

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2001

On 22 May 2005 07:32:53 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>Smeghead wrote:
>> I had to register with www.gamepsot.com and downloaded it after the
>> fact without a hitch or hamper. Evidently they're an official sponsor.
>>
>> Registration with g-spot is simple and not a huge hassle. They don't
>> want your shoe size and number of fillings.
>>
>> Last night was cool. Quix and I met ship to ship after I had run some
>> nukes to a border zone faction. Since I'm in a small ore hauler, and
>> he's in a light fighter, he covered me when I was mining.
>>
>> He made much, much shorter work of the NPC bandit that showed up
>> almost immediately than I could have. The tiny ship I had is only
>> equipped with "Civilian" grade gattling cannons.
>>
>> The less secure the system (Rated 1.0 for most secure to 0.0 for
>> least) the higher the rewards for mining. The rarer the minerals. Risk
>> = reward.
>

> Okay, looks like Monday afternoon is when I'll be able to go and
>get it. If I have any trouble, I'll holler in here. Email on this laptop is still
>an iffy proposition for some reason.

Let us know who you are! We'll hook ya up! Like I said, I'm Smegus
Maximus and Q is Seveldt. I made an in-game mailing list and put
Seveldt as an admin on it. There are all kinds of ways to communicate,
but the main way is an IRC like chat window. Complete with character
avatar.

--

> On 22 May 2005 07:32:53 GMT, "Miracle Smith" <miracle@spamcop.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Smeghead wrote:
>>> I had to register with www.gamepsot.com and downloaded it after the
>>> fact without a hitch or hamper. Evidently they're an official sponsor.
>>>
>>> Registration with g-spot is simple and not a huge hassle. They don't
>>> want your shoe size and number of fillings.
>>>
>>> Last night was cool. Quix and I met ship to ship after I had run some
>>> nukes to a border zone faction. Since I'm in a small ore hauler, and
>>> he's in a light fighter, he covered me when I was mining.
>>>
>>> He made much, much shorter work of the NPC bandit that showed up
>>> almost immediately than I could have. The tiny ship I had is only
>>> equipped with "Civilian" grade gattling cannons.
>>>
>>> The less secure the system (Rated 1.0 for most secure to 0.0 for
>>> least) the higher the rewards for mining. The rarer the minerals. Risk
>>> = reward.
>>

>> Okay, looks like Monday afternoon is when I'll be able to go and
>>get it. If I have any trouble, I'll holler in here. Email on this laptop
>>is still
>>an iffy proposition for some reason.
>
> Let us know who you are! We'll hook ya up! Like I said, I'm Smegus
> Maximus and Q is Seveldt. I made an in-game mailing list and put
> Seveldt as an admin on it. There are all kinds of ways to communicate,
> but the main way is an IRC like chat window. Complete with character
> avatar.

The IRC channel we use is AGST Crew. :^)

Quixote

Quixote's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> The IRC channel we use is AGST Crew. :^)

what server is the channel on?