Unable to unpack zip files....

August 12, 2005 3:28:07 AM

Hi there....

My friend can't unpack his zipfiles and get these error messages:
! C:\Documents and Settings\Øystein\Skrivebord\Grunnpakke.zip: CRC failed in
03_mesh_c.bgl. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Øystein\Skrivebord\Grunnpakke.zip: CRC failed in
04_mesh_c.bgl. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Øystein\Skrivebord\Grunnpakke.zip: CRC failed in
LWM_ST949090_elv.BGL. The file is corrupt

Can anyone help us out here?
The files is rezipped and resent him, but same error every time.

--

Regards
Zadig Galbaras

And this error message too:
NSIS Error...the installer you are using is corrupted or incomplete. This
could be the result of a damaged disc, a failed download or a virus

--

"Zadig Galbaras" <tresfjording@gmail.com> skrev i melding
news:D dgfte$6ih$1@services.kq.no...
> Hi there....
>
> My friend can't unpack his zipfiles and get these error messages:
> ! C:\Documents and Settings\Øystein\Skrivebord\Grunnpakke.zip: CRC failed
> in 03_mesh_c.bgl. The file is corrupt
> ! C:\Documents and Settings\Øystein\Skrivebord\Grunnpakke.zip: CRC failed
> in 04_mesh_c.bgl. The file is corrupt
> ! C:\Documents and Settings\Øystein\Skrivebord\Grunnpakke.zip: CRC failed
> in LWM_ST949090_elv.BGL. The file is corrupt
>
> Can anyone help us out here?
> The files is rezipped and resent him, but same error every time.
>
> --
>
> Regards
> Zadig Galbaras
> A Perturbed Norwegian Agnostic
> -----

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 3:42:19 AM

Send the file to someone else, if they can open it then the problem is with
that other persons software. If they can't then it is with your software.

"Zadig Galbaras" <tresfjording@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:D dggnb$b7b$1@services.kq.no...

> And this error message too:
> NSIS Error...the installer you are using is corrupted or incomplete. This
> could be the result of a damaged disc, a failed download or a virus
>

> --
>
> Regards
> Zadig Galbaras
> A Perturbed Norwegian Agnostic
> -----
>

> "Zadig Galbaras" <tresfjording@gmail.com> skrev i melding
> news:D dgfte$6ih$1@services.kq.no...
>> Hi there....
>>
>> My friend can't unpack his zipfiles and get these error messages:
>> ! C:\Documents and Settings\Øystein\Skrivebord\Grunnpakke.zip: CRC failed
>> in 03_mesh_c.bgl. The file is corrupt
>> ! C:\Documents and Settings\Øystein\Skrivebord\Grunnpakke.zip: CRC failed
>> in 04_mesh_c.bgl. The file is corrupt
>> ! C:\Documents and Settings\Øystein\Skrivebord\Grunnpakke.zip: CRC failed
>> in LWM_ST949090_elv.BGL. The file is corrupt
>>
>> Can anyone help us out here?
>> The files is rezipped and resent him, but same error every time.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards
>> Zadig Galbaras
>> A Perturbed Norwegian Agnostic
>> -----

August 12, 2005 3:21:16 PM

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 23:28:07 +0200, Zadig Galbaras wrote:

> Hi there....
>
> My friend can't unpack his zipfiles and get these error messages:
> ! C:\Documents and Settings\Øystein\Skrivebord\Grunnpakke.zip: CRC failed in
> 03_mesh_c.bgl. The file is corrupt
> ! C:\Documents and Settings\Øystein\Skrivebord\Grunnpakke.zip: CRC failed in
> 04_mesh_c.bgl. The file is corrupt
> ! C:\Documents and Settings\Øystein\Skrivebord\Grunnpakke.zip: CRC failed in
> LWM_ST949090_elv.BGL. The file is corrupt
>
> Can anyone help us out here?
> The files is rezipped and resent him, but same error every time.

CRC is a check for data integrity. CRC errors on a known good package could
indicate a bad download.

Suggestions:
-If friend is using a download accelerator (or one of those ISP accelerated
services), have them disable the accelerator and try another download of
the zip.

-Place zip files into a folder directly off of root drive. Example: C:\zip
and try unzipping from there. If this problem is happening because of long
filenames, deep paths, paths with spaces instead of underscore - then this
workaround might help.

-Try booting to safe mode and unzipping files there. This one's a long shot
but if there's *any* software conflict causing interference, safe mode is a
good environment to try.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

He has problems with zip files from any one, and everybody else can unpack
thesezip files exept him.

--

"pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> skrev i melding
> Send the file to someone else, if they can open it then the problem is
> with that other persons software. If they can't then it is with your
> software.

> "Zadig Galbaras" <tresfjording@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:D dggnb$b7b$1@services.kq.no...
>>
>> And this error message too:
>> NSIS Error...the installer you are using is corrupted or incomplete. This
>> could be the result of a damaged disc, a failed download or a virus
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards
>> Zadig Galbaras
>> A Perturbed Norwegian Agnostic
>> -----
>>

>> "Zadig Galbaras" <tresfjording@gmail.com> skrev i melding
>> news:D dgfte$6ih$1@services.kq.no...
>>> Hi there....
>>>
>>> My friend can't unpack his zipfiles and get these error messages:
>>> ! C:\Documents and Settings\Øystein\Skrivebord\Grunnpakke.zip: CRC
>>> failed in 03_mesh_c.bgl. The file is corrupt
>>> ! C:\Documents and Settings\Øystein\Skrivebord\Grunnpakke.zip: CRC
>>> failed in 04_mesh_c.bgl. The file is corrupt
>>> ! C:\Documents and Settings\Øystein\Skrivebord\Grunnpakke.zip: CRC
>>> failed in LWM_ST949090_elv.BGL. The file is corrupt
>>>
>>> Can anyone help us out here?
>>> The files is rezipped and resent him, but same error every time.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Zadig Galbaras
>>> A Perturbed Norwegian Agnostic
>>> -----

August 12, 2005 4:45:15 PM

It sounds like you have limited the problem to his system. Perhaps he could
download WinZip and try that.

http://www.winzip.com/

Clark

"Zadig Galbaras" <tresfjording@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:D dhujs$qns$1@services.kq.no...
> He has problems with zip files from any one, and everybody else can unpack
> thesezip files exept him.
>

> --
>
> Regards
> Zadig Galbaras
> A Perturbed Norwegian Agnostic
> -----
>

> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> skrev i melding
>> Send the file to someone else, if they can open it then the problem is
>> with that other persons software. If they can't then it is with your
>> software.
>>
>> --

>> "Zadig Galbaras" <tresfjording@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:D dggnb$b7b$1@services.kq.no...
>>>
>>> And this error message too:
>>> NSIS Error...the installer you are using is corrupted or incomplete.
>>> This could be the result of a damaged disc, a failed download or a virus
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Zadig Galbaras
>>> A Perturbed Norwegian Agnostic
>>> -----
>>>

>>> "Zadig Galbaras" <tresfjording@gmail.com> skrev i melding
>>> news:D dgfte$6ih$1@services.kq.no...

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 7:26:56 PM

He has tired Winzip, xp, rar and OOo installer and they all produce this
error.

--

"Clark" <who@whoknows.com> skrev i melding
news:p M0Le.235$k92.227@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com...
> It sounds like you have limited the problem to his system. Perhaps he
> could download WinZip and try that.
>
> http://www.winzip.com/
>
> Clark
>
> "Zadig Galbaras" <tresfjording@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:D dhujs$qns$1@services.kq.no...
>> He has problems with zip files from any one, and everybody else can
>> unpack thesezip files exept him.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards
>> Zadig Galbaras
>> A Perturbed Norwegian Agnostic
>> -----
>>

>> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@seedsv.com> skrev i melding
>>> Send the file to someone else, if they can open it then the problem is
>>> with that other persons software. If they can't then it is with your
>>> software.
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>> The best live web video on the internet
>>> http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
>>> NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
>>> See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
>>> Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
>>>

>>> "Zadig Galbaras" <tresfjording@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:D dggnb$b7b$1@services.kq.no...

Anonymous
August 13, 2005 5:09:02 PM

When he disconnected his IP-phone adapter everything went just fine.
Why?!?
I, and he, really haven't a clue...
He says he'll from now on have to connect it directly to the dsl router.
He had the ip phone adapter connected prior to the router to give it
priority.

But case closed....

--

Regards
Zadig Galbaras
A Perturbed Norwegian Agnostic
-----

"Zadig Galbaras" <tresfjording@gmail.com> skrev i melding
news:D dgfte$6ih$1@services.kq.no...
> Hi there....
>
> My friend can't unpack his zipfiles and get these error messages:
> ! C:\Documents and Settings\Øystein\Skrivebord\Grunnpakke.zip: CRC failed
> in 03_mesh_c.bgl. The file is corrupt
> ! C:\Documents and Settings\Øystein\Skrivebord\Grunnpakke.zip: CRC failed
> in 04_mesh_c.bgl. The file is corrupt
> ! C:\Documents and Settings\Øystein\Skrivebord\Grunnpakke.zip: CRC failed
> in LWM_ST949090_elv.BGL. The file is corrupt
>
> Can anyone help us out here?
> The files is rezipped and resent him, but same error every time.
>
> --
>
> Regards
> Zadig Galbaras
> A Perturbed Norwegian Agnostic
> -----

August 14, 2005 12:12:04 AM

try re- downloading the zip files again as they are currupt, in other words
stuffed.or change it to a RAR file using winrar
"Zadig Galbaras" <tresfjording@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:D dgfte$6ih$1@services.kq.no...
> Hi there....
>
> My friend can't unpack his zipfiles and get these error messages:
> ! C:\Documents and Settings\Øystein\Skrivebord\Grunnpakke.zip: CRC failed
in
> 03_mesh_c.bgl. The file is corrupt
> ! C:\Documents and Settings\Øystein\Skrivebord\Grunnpakke.zip: CRC failed
in
> 04_mesh_c.bgl. The file is corrupt
> ! C:\Documents and Settings\Øystein\Skrivebord\Grunnpakke.zip: CRC failed
in
> LWM_ST949090_elv.BGL. The file is corrupt
>
> Can anyone help us out here?
> The files is rezipped and resent him, but same error every time.
>
> --
>
> Regards
> Zadig Galbaras
> A Perturbed Norwegian Agnostic
> -----

Anonymous
August 14, 2005 12:12:05 AM

Tried that....
But change it from zip to rar....woudn't that just copy the faults too?

--

!