Recommended GPU

dvs001

Distinguished
May 16, 2008

mihirkula

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2007
Which monitor do you have...if you're gonna game at 1024 pick up the cheapest card i.e 3870 because you wont notice any difference.

Otherwise of course the 8800GT with COH game.

I would recommend waiting one more month.

On week 25 (between July 16th and 20th) nVidia and ATI are both planning on releasing their next generation cards.

Not only are they supposed to much more powerful than anything out now, they should cause the price of any current card to drop.

pauldh

Illustrious
I would recommend waiting one more month.

On week 25 (between July 16th and 20th) nVidia and ATI are both planning on releasing their next generation cards.

Not only are they supposed to much more powerful than anything out now, they should cause the price of any current card to drop.

I'm not really for waiting 1-2 months unless he/she already has a nice GPU to use. Prices are outstanding right now for anyone needing a $50-200 card. But Fudzilla claims June 18th, not July for GT200. http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=7364&Itemid=1

:love:

Awesomness!!
Same day I leave for vacation in the States!
Have been wanting to pick up one to replace my aging GTS 640 and this will work perfect.

pauldh

Illustrious
^ LOL, good for you. Hopefully it's a hard launch and the shelves are stocked on the 18th. Otherwise you'll need to extend that vacation long enough to get an online order shipped to a friend's house.

How are prices in Germany? What's an 8800GT or GTS G92 cost?

They better be in stock, I will only be in town for a few weeks!
If it is as good as I hope, the GTX 280 will last me untill the next time I visit home.

For the most part, seems like it is the same $ to €.
With that calculation only, I will only be spending 65% of what I would be spending in Germany.
Not everything follows that trend, though.
Case in point, from Dell US the UltraSharp 2408WFP is $604.
Same one from Dell De, 796,11€ (about $1230 USD).

I only moved here from Michigan last October and still have not found a replacmemt for newegg :(
From what I remember last time I was at Media Markt (German version of a Best Buy), a 8800GT was around 180€.
I know there are better prices here but I have not had a chance to make any geeky friends here yet ;)

Edit:

Checked the local Saturn,
3750 159€
8800GS 180€
8800GT 217€
2900XT 257€
XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog 270€

And just to make me LoL

7300 79€

pauldh

Illustrious

I don't think you'll have a hard time grabbing one within 2 weeks. Enjoy the trip and good luck GPU hunting.

Thanks I will defiantly be working on that.
Cheap shopping in the US with my Euro pay :whistle:

Nice, thanks for the lead!
Much better prices there than at the brick and mortars.

155€ for a Q6600 compared to
$215 at the egg.
Comes out within $5~$10 of exchange rate.