raidmax smilodon installation

gregbob

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2008

hey this is my first computer build and i have just recieved my raidmax smilodon with a 500 watt power supply and an extra antec 550watt true power trio power supply. so i wanted to make sure all the fans in the case were working, (all the fans in the case use a 4 pin molex connector, out of each fan comes a male and female 4 pin molex) so i connected those in a chain and then connected it to my power supply ( raidmax one ) nothing happened so i thought maybe it is doa so i tried the antec and still nothing happened so can anyone explain to me what happened.

hnml24

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
hi bob .

I want to buy the smilidon too soon. but first let me try help you with your problem and then maybe you will contact me @ my email and recommand me of this case.

so first , you added the PSU to the case, then you just connected it to the fans and electricity?
the Psu need a "controller" or something that will power it on,
something that will tell the psu "Hi , here I am ,I need power at the much rate and this much volt..." see what im saying?
the motherboard had a joint for a connection from the psu , only after connecting this on , and switching the computer on , the fans will start working.

if you need a farther help I would love to help you (in case I will know the answer) contact me if you like at NoamH@medinol.com

ovaltineplease

Distinguished
May 9, 2008
I strongly recommend reading your motherboard manuals and power supply manual before continuing, because you could cause damage to your components if you jump in feet first with no experience building a PC.

We could walk you through with baby steps but reading your manuals carefully is going to help you a lot more. Setting up a PC is not complicated but if you've never done it before then reading the manuals is really the best place to start.